Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-04-15
04:45:39
 Re: Mastertronic non-turbo long loaders.

No, I meant BMX Racers & Squirm have the same screen before the game properly loads as the loading screen found on the Novaload versions. All the above tapes are saved with the standard kernal save routine.

I've always known there was a faulty version of Vegas Jackpot, but it could be a simple case that some of them might of been this so called C16 Only version? I was using a Plus/4 when I did a lot of the early tapes to make sure they worked before I created the tap and why we have a working Novaload version. So yeah, there is no fault with the emulators as that current working Vegas Jackpot came from my Plus/4 collection. wink
This long loader is faulty on a real C16 and if I remember correct I think I did read some where that Shaun Southern coded all his games on a C16. Blame Mastertronic for the error, maybe it was them who created the load screen as a sort of presentation of the company before the game loaded like they were doing on C64?
Next time the tap making machine is wired up I will make .tap's of the missing ones.

One thing I picked up on last night, Squirm has the same style of back cover as Tutti Frutti & Rockman. I have a feeling that Csabo might be is right and the save change over to Novaload might of happened after Squirm's original release...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024