Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-08
10:02:31
 PetDraw

PetDrawDavid Murray has been developing a PETSCII drawing program for the C64, and to our luck he decided to port it to the Plus/4 and PET computers as well. It has a few minor issues, but otherwise it's functional, has a nice help screen and example images. It should be a handy tool for creating PETSCII pictures, be sure to check it out and send feedback!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-08
10:02:31
 Re: PetDraw

This is pretty neat! I hope people will use it happy Some feedback below. None of them are major issues, and I bet you have your own to-do list, but when I wrote my utilities, it always bothered me that people didn't send feedback - so here's mine.

- The F keys should be F1/F2/F3/HELP - this is what makes sense on the C16/Plus keyboard.
- For load, we should see what we type, and allow ESC to be pressed to exit from this function.
- In type mode, the current color is not used, seems to use black.
- Some keys would be really helpful: +/- (or something similar) to change the current color to be on luminance level brighter/darker would allow quicker gradients. Also two keys to cycle through the available characters might be helpful.

Big thanks for porting this to the Plus/4 though happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2015-04-08
10:52:19

Thanks for the Plus4 version, I will try it!

Posted By

Adric22
on 2015-04-08
11:35:28

Csabo, thanks for the feedback. I actually didn't realize the function keys on the Plus/4 were named differently from the C64/VIC20. Some of the other bugs you mention are actually documented in the TXT file that comes with the distro (although I don't know if that got included here because I think he converted it to a D64 file) The text mode is broken on the Plus/4 and PET versions of it.

The +/- idea for gradients is a great idea and would be pretty simple to implement.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-08
12:30:36

Thanks for pointing this out, I added the documentation to the page.

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-08
12:43:12

If a fixed version would jump out in the near future, I would be proud to see as example picture my PETSCII previously done on C64 for that famous compo, and now converted in the PetDraw format aswell happy

Posted By

Adric22
on 2015-04-08
16:29:22

Luca, that's a nice piece of art. I've seen it before (probably from the compo) but I have never quite been able to figure out what I'm looking at. I see there are two naked women and a fire of osme kind. But I can't tell what the women are doing, nor what the structure is behind them. Can you enlighten me?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-08
19:43:11

Well, maybe the key word there is "art". You just enjoy it and have your own interpretation happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-08
21:44:42

A temple seen from below with two greek sirens at the entrance happy

EDIT: have played with this great tool, and I like it so much! Hope it will be improved soon (passing thru not so many improved versions ;) )

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024