Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

nostromo
on 2015-04-03
18:46:16
 outage

commodore plus/4 world has been a tab on my browser for years. Every day I would check in, play the game of the day and have a look at the artwork. I would read the ratings and consider how it compared to my opinion of the game.
I was really upset to find P4W had just "gone". I contacted the web hosts but they wouldn't tell me anything, I really though you guys had just quit.
I am overjoyed you are back! They say you don't know what you have until it is gone, now you are back I will enjoy the site even more.
If I was a Christian I would be comparing your resurrection to that of Jesus, maybe you should have waited until Sunday!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-03
20:49:10
 Re: outage

Thanks for the kind words! We're not very good at doing analytics on the site, so we have no idea how many people visit - my point is, it's nice to hear from folks like you.

The downtime was not something we could have prevented, see more here.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2015-04-03
22:16:08

Psh. The downtime was because the site's TED chip burned out, and it took a couple of days for Mik (in England) to post a replacement to Csabo (in Canada). wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-04-04
06:11:05

Csabo you should check to see if that isn't the local spammer as the site has been back up for a number of days now and for some one that checks in every day the whole post is a bit gay and way over the top.

Check the IP against the spammer and that recent aussiec16 who posted, "Master system joypad on a plus 4". Note the sega reference on that one as well... Not forgetting the site has been down for a couple of days more than once in the past. Also, the current topic " After an unexpected 52 hour downtime..." is still active and they could of posted the message there instead of creating a new one...

If it turns out to be coming from a Virgin Media‎ IP in the UK then maybe some action can be taken...

Posted By

narcissus
on 2015-04-04
23:38:38

MIK,
I was a genuine fan of P4W for years. You just spoiled it for me you arrogant prick.

Posted By

down for me too
on 2015-04-04
23:57:09

It was down for days. Check out the conversations on lemon.

Posted By

N0STR0M0
on 2015-04-05
00:17:58

I take it you banned me without checking my IP?
If you did check you would know I am not a "spammer" and your sidekick "MIK" is a paranoid homophobe.
So MIK thinks I am not genuine because I started a post saying how great I thought P4W is? Does he think the NSA are reading his emails and listening to his phone calls too?

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-04-05
07:34:32

There is nothing untowards being aimed at any innocent person or new comer in my post to Csabo. A quick look at the IP and to check if it relates to events from the past is all it asks... Normally this type of thing is done behind closed doors with the guys running the show, however it was easier to lay some bait down aimed solely at the intended person to see if they would bite. Looks like I struck a chord...

Posted By

nostromo
on 2015-04-05
08:39:12

There is some thing "untoward" about your paranoia! You turned on a first time poster; a genuine enthusiast. Do your IP investigation then explain yourself, you can't say I am anything other than innocent.
Csabo, is this really how this site is managed?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-05
10:27:53

Ah... Erm... Well...

I'd like to be left out of this one please happy But to answer all the questions issues above: the original IP comes back to near "Huntly, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom" via btcentralplus.com (and it's unique so far). Second, how is the site "managed"? Very informally happy I think generally it's friendly around here with minimal drama, and we only ever had to delete one post.

So, all I have to say is: we're back up, let's forget all this stuff and focus on the cool old and new C16 and Plus/4 games happy

Posted By

nostromo
on 2015-04-06
08:42:22

Quietly removing the last post sent out a message loud and clear. Real men apologise.....

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-06
09:06:39

Blablabla, words words words and at the same time nobody entered the first score for Majesty Of Sprites in the Hall Of Fame! That one, is the real scandal! Go playing it right now! Run! grin

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-06
09:38:36

I agree with the sentiment, but as the creators said, the current version isn't final... So perhaps we should wait until that one comes out before we start "officially" competing?

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-06
10:27:17

Mmmmmgggghh, you're right, we've to wait for it happy
Meantime, Shoot The Duck is newer and complete, let's fight beating the score on it! Better than debate on IPs! :D

Posted By

corpsicle
on 2015-04-06
11:54:57

Luca : ok now what. =)

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-06
12:59:18

corpsicle boooh, a declared full score with neither a screenshot, boooh, shame! happy

Posted By

corpsicle
on 2015-04-06
15:05:41

Actually i uploaded a photo of the screen using the hall of fame uploder thingy.
Dunno how that process works though ? =P

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-06
16:02:11

Searched for that screenshot in every folder, didn't have been able to spot it :/

Posted By

corpsicle
on 2015-04-06
16:12:39

Uh i missed the message about the picture being too big -_-;
Reuploaded smaller pic.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-04-06
16:26:46

Too easy (Shoot the duck). Since this thread is already sufficiently all over the place, here's another issue: how should we handle ties in the HOF?

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-06
16:33:07

Eeeehmmm... Chronological priority for HoF?

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-04-06
17:14:26

OFF
yeah, MIK, it could be done more privately, not directly and publicly offending someone just seemed to be just happy happy
BTW I also tried to check in almost every day, even from Turkey. Hopefully it does not sound too gay (despite turkish baths typically not used by women (unfortunately) ). grin
ON

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-07
02:27:54

Wait I wanna be there too! Shoot that damn duck! grin

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024