Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-10-31
11:09:37
 In Mr. Puniverse...

...you can press D to "suicide", in case you become stuck. This is not mentioned on the cover, I just noticed it by looking at the code. Was this well known?

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-10-31
12:27:02
 Re: In Mr. Puniverse...

I think so, well it was to me anyway happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2014-10-31
14:19:59

For me as well happy You could actually kill yourself by plugging the joystick into the wrong port happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-10-31
15:41:48

It was clearly an intentional feature for Mr. Puniverse because of the two screens you can get trapped in (first and second screen). Anyway, it was an obvious error by Mastertronic forgetting to include this little extra detail in the instructions happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-31
15:57:20

Good job your name goes to your profile pages Csabo, for a moment then I thought this was some hoax...

It should be well known if you had Big Mac which was released 1st..., Mr. Puniverse is Big Mac 2 and much the same type of game. As you may of found out, yeah you can become stuck such as the HA HA screen just as you can in the 1st game. wink

It's on the Big Mac cover any way even if it was missed 2nd time around. I knew about it. wink

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-10-31
16:03:49

Yup, and just to add to the Ha Ha second screen, the other screen trap later on is via the ladder on the bottom left of the first screen which is the point you should come back to, to succesfully finish the game. You would have to forfeit all your lives right there if you have not collected all the pills. That's a real game over killer.

My Longplay.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-11-01
09:23:01

Csabo,

Change this topic to forgotten game facts or something and see if we can keep it active if and when something new is found. I mean it's a slow on going thing any way. When something takes your fancy, you start messing about and then BOOM, something jumps out that should be documented like keyboard controls that never made it into print.

Here is another fascinating fact I have only just noticed!
The cover for Mayhem has a screen shot on the back showing the background colour is green. I have never played it long enough to know if the colour ever changes as you play, or don't remember. With a magnifying glass I can see a score of 1100 though. High score is 3120.
Also Mr. Micro or Commodore were naughty, where it says Mayhem at the top of screen on the retail version, the screen shot shows the word Tribbles!
If you know your Star Trek the Tribbles were little soft furry creatures that overrun the Enterprise. Obviously the game is based on this episode of Star Trek but on the back cover of the game they call them Blibbles. wink

Amazing what a x3 magnifiying glass can show! happy

Without a scanner this mess is about the best I can do at the moment... it's a crap attempt of making the screen on the back cover bigger using just a crap camera.

Posted By

MMS
on 2014-11-03
09:37:14

off: Instead of scanner

I recently bough a '10x macro lense' for my not so perfect mobile (nokia x7), that has no autofocus or macro, so everything closer than 30cm was not sharp.
That magnetic macro lense made the wonder, and I can make similar quality super magnified and supeesharp pictures as the central laboratory 2000 usd equipment (not kidding). It made at the same time the scanner useless for document small part scanning, like the one above.

The next logical step could be a higher resolution one, like Nokia 808 pureview with 41MP resolution happy it means almost 100x resolution together with the macro lense taking into consideration a still good quality 4MP picture. there are 60x or 80x magnification, but for a price tag.

This is is, but from China it was only 8 USD:
http://www.bazaared.net/product/fisheye-macro-and-wide-angle-phone-lens-set/

A reduced 640x480 size picture, with 8MP you can go a little more details:

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024