Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-07
12:48:16
 Bad TAPs for Bridgehead C16 and Terra Nova

We've found that the old TAP dumps we have for Bridgehead C16 are faulty: both can't load the further levels after the initial one. We need your help to find a working TAP file for it. Thanks in advance for your time.

Posted By

Aramir
on 2014-10-07
15:31:54
 Re: Bad TAPs for Bridgehead C16

Fixed:
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/71114819/file.html
Remade the tap file with WAV-PRG with "sensitivity 100" from the faulty tap, and now ok happy
Side B same as side A.

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-07
15:49:55

Nice, Aramir, thank you! Updated! wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-08
07:14:05

I'm not guilty of making the original C16 tap images as I went one better, I made the Plus/4 versions!!

Very strange that they were never checked in the first place though... and if they were then that may mean some old bug in one of the emulators may of allowed it to load??

I do have the original C16 version of Bridgehead here so if ever there is a need to have another look at making a tap form the original tape again you know where one is. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-08
07:21:18

Thanks MIK. Well, checking those TAPs would have mean playing Bridgehead C16 tape version. Who really did in in the past? wink I've just added a pretty nice invulnerability cheat both for the C16 and the Plus/4 version, so I've fully tested'em, and that's how the story did come out. Moreover, we missed to cite the fact that the 3rd level of the C16 version is not included in the larger one, a particular that makes unique the smaller version wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-08
08:50:01

Going by memory I think the C16 version only has 5 levels, Plus4 Bridgehead has 7 levels.
** A quick glance at the Plus/4 cover and it says 8 sectors. **

Maybe the same person who did Terra Nova tap's did C16 BridgeHead? I'm sure an emulation bug allowed it to load in the past though, it's a halfwave so recording issues can happen as they are not the easiest to load on the real machines if your heads are out. No harm done, came good in the end. happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-08
09:47:19

I checked, you're right MIK: we need new TAP dumps for C16 and Plus/4 versions of Terra Nova. Also, why do we have one C16 and one C16+Plus4 downloads? grin

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-08
10:16:22
 Re: Bad TAPs for Bridgehead C16 and Terra Nova

What? I'm confused?!?!?!?!

although I have never tested those Terra Nova tap images, they appeared on the site ages ago out of the blue along with a good number of others! You mean to say they don't work loading the next level??
Someone couldn't of recorded them properly... -H for halfwave!

The site has always had the C16 & Plus4 versions of Terra Nova on the same page and to be fair they were released together as one, unlike Bridgehead so in a way it's right to have them on the same page.
Classic Snooker has both versions. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-08
10:19:51

Yes, the C16 and Plius/4 versions of Terra Nova have to stay together in the same page...but not as one C16 and one C16+Plus4 ZIPs, which makes no sense.

The first TAP is the C16 one. It seems to work quite good, until the last level, which most of the times crashes. I dunno if there's a common habit for that game, having a new TAP file of it to compare would be nice.
The second TAP is a ZIP containing both C16 and Plus/4 TAPs. The C16 one does not work well in loading further levels. The Plus/4 is a bugged TAP which loads the main program, but its graphics heaviliy crushes playing the 1st level.

Moral: we need new TAPs of both, and a bit of page cleaning wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-10-20
10:01:21

*bump*
We still need good and working dumps for both C16 and Plus/4 versions of Terra Nova. Can you help us? wink

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-12-07
15:59:36

BUMP!

Admin. Regarding Terra Nova, check your uploads wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-12-07
16:43:09

Oooh thank you! Case closed!
Oh btw, Plus/4 version is way different compared to the C16 counterpart, there's more graphics and different level maps.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-12-08
04:09:33

This is why everyone should consider buying the Princess C64SD. It does the job extremely well happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-12-08
05:54:24

I hope you played tested each one properly to the very end Baz... making a tap is one thing, making sure it works from started to finish is another and why this topic is here.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-12-08
07:13:56

Yep, I did just that on Yape using the invulnerability cheat and played right through to the end, the tap files work fine. I wanted to test it on the real C16 (expanded to 64K0 all the way through too, but the game has a reset protection, and I'm not that good on the game yet. I did at least get to load the games on a real C16 though so I'm assuming that they both work all the way to the end on it too happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024