Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

c16a1
on 2014-04-01
15:41:39
 lemon 64 offline again????

LEMON64 is offline again this happens more and more its down completely so who knows when its back?

Posted By

c16a1
on 2014-04-01
15:48:50
 Re: lemon 64 offline again????

LEMON AMIGA is down too!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-04-01
16:25:23

If this is an April Fools gag, it isn't funny.

I checked my emails a couple of hours back. I have a private message notification waiting on the forum since this morning. Whoever can this mysterious member be?, I may never know now.

But the site has been down a few times now in the last year. I'm wondering whether it's hosted on a month by month basis and someone keeps forgetting to pay the bill, either that or it's server overload.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-04-01
17:37:43

It is down for me too, but we're not affiliated with whoever hosts Lemon64, so we don't know what's going on. My personal guesses: April Fools joke: not likely, Server overload: not likely, Hosting bills not paid: likely.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2014-04-01
20:37:57

I see an "account suspended" page, which usually indicates that a site's hosting bill is overdue.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-02
04:56:24

It could also be the domain name as in lemon64.com ect... as both sites while working off the domain are held else where. Much like using plus4.com to get here.

Last two times Lemon has shown this "account suspended" page both sites were back up and running with-in 48hrs.

Posted By

odo
on 2014-04-02
11:43:37

again grin

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2014-04-02
13:14:59

Dear admins,

Could you throw out topics regarding lemon sites being down, please? We are not affiliated to them in any way and no admin of theirs visits this portal, so there is no sense in spamming our forums with these stupid questions.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-04-02
15:48:49

Well some of us here are regular members, and seeing as it's Commodore it's relevant enough. I own a C64 too and I feel a few others here do also.

Over on Lemon64 they have a "Other Commodore" chat forum section where they often speak about the C16/Plus4, where it's also been posted there about the times when commodore16.com went down, or the Vic20 denial site. So it's not really spam as they're all just extensions of the wider retro Commodore community anyway. Besides, it's not like anyone's trying to flog kitchen units.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2014-04-02
15:37:53

I think it's perfectly fine to discuss about lemon64.com here. I'd sure as hell would go there to whine in case plus4world.com bites the dust (like it kinda already occurred). Where else could we go?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2014-04-02
16:59:06

I was not talking about that these sites have no common visitors. What I was trying to imply, but obviously it was not clear, is that it is completely superfluous trying to get help or notifying the lemon or other sites' admins in this forum. If a site goes down one usually turns to the administrators and the hosting service of the site. At least that's what I'd do (Well, actually this is not really true. Usually, by the time I realize that a site I'm interested in is down people already cried full the forums of other portals and the mailboxes of the admins, therefore I do nothing.).

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-03
06:20:47

gerliczer

You may wish to edit your first post...

Not that it happens much, it was nice some people thought of asking here first before any where else. I'm sure our long history and respectfulness to each other had something to do with that. grin

Have a look at Ace +4 page and the text below the "Advertisement" scan. It says, "Click for full size ad. Sent in by Kim Lemon". Kim Lemon is the web master of both Lemon sites.
In the early years Kim Lemon had FTP access to the whole of this site when it went by the name of C16/Plus4 ClassiX, because I gave it to him.
Whats more... this site back in the early 2000's was on the very same server as Lemon64 as we were a sister site to his in much the same respect C16 & Plus4 are sister machines to the C64.
Any way, not only have the admin been here but they have been here many times because this site links directly to Lemon64 with any game that was released on both platforms and Lemon64 does the same back to here.

In times like this you can only offer mercy to these people when they are left in the dark. Hopefully Lemon will be back to normal soon enough and we can go back to having a handful of posts per day...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-04-02
20:52:52

I think I'm the only one with delete rights (mwa-ha-ha!), so I'll address the request of deleting posts like this directly: I'd rather not.

Spam, we can and do delete, no problem there. Otherwise, I recall only ever deleting one post, that was really off topic and inflammatory, but we don't need to go there. As it is, the question pops up, we answer it and move on. It'll slowly make its way off first page of the forum (which is all that anyone ever reads, right?).

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-07
02:22:04

**** To anyone that is still wondering what is going on with Lemon64 & LemonAmiga. ****

Every effort is being made to move both sites to a new home so I have been told. The sites will be back as soon as humanly possible but keep in mind that a lot of work needs to be done, it could be a little while yet before we get to see anything.

One close friend said if you wish to keep updated on the subject then look on Lemon64 facebook page.

Hope everything goes well and we wish them all the best with the move!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-04-14
05:50:06

Also a message from admin TNT as posted on the Lemon64 Facebook page.

"Kim has a new host arranged, but there's no schedule yet for setting up the host. I've offered my help in case they need it. We'll be wiser in a couple of days. Cheers, TNT."

Edit: Posted 13/04/14 on Lemon64's Facebook page.
From TNT
"The site should be back online during the upcoming week."

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-14
11:29:49

Nice one, thanks for letting those of us who don't do facebook know. Cheers!
The net has not been the same since has it... normality here we come!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-04-17
07:31:43

From TNT:

"And now I have access to the new host! Lemon64 seems to be working perfectly, Lemon Amiga needs some fixing. After I've checked everything sites are published but require a password. It takes maybe a day while some trusted people do even more testing. After that... Lemon64 and Lemon Amiga are alive again.

Cheers,
TNT"

Posted By

George
on 2014-04-17
09:12:11

Lets drink a lemonade on this news..
Cheers...

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-17
11:54:29

Great news. happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-04-19
07:54:54

Final news from TNT:

"Final setup is done, Kim will now point domain names to the new IP. After that it should not take long until we can open sites for real.

Moderators are on the short list of testers, in case Kim needs more people testing the sites.

Cheers,
TNT"

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-20
05:59:49

Cool, the waiting is almost over and I've been checking every day since, more than once lol... COME ON!!! happy

Posted By

Retro76
on 2014-04-20
23:34:59

Username & Password is required to enter server. Too bad im not a member

Would have liked to know if there was any way to kill the dragon in gateway to apshai
I have accomplished every other task but this one has always bugged me. Here is the message when you type lemon64.com

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at lemon64.com Port 80

Posted By

Imperious
on 2014-04-21
04:41:38

I don't think that issue has anything to do with not having a membership there.

I do and it just says wrong password, so likely it's currently administrator access only. I've definitely
missed it, One gets used to viewing and interacting in certain websites, when they go down You feel
like You are a bit lost, even though that might sound silly, it's true.

Looks like it won't be long now.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-04-21
08:00:12

It's back up now.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-21
10:17:46

Cheers Csabo. grin

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-04-21
12:25:37

And about bloody time too.

Posted By

crock
on 2014-04-23
05:05:34

Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.lemon64.com Port 80

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-23
18:20:47

f**k! and most of that was just people visiting the Forums... What a kick in the teeth that must be for them.

EDIT: It's back... some fools were trying to leech the whole of Lemon64 & LemonAmiga for personal use/gain in case the site ever goes down again, They caused the bandwidth limit to reach the max... It's back now though.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024