Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-11-14
02:07:06
 They Perfectly "Fit" In The Scene

The First Ball Beisikki DemoReferring to the über-big C64 scene, if 2012 has been the year of hires graphics, we can easily say that 2013 will be remembered as the year the PETSCII style is reborn into a new life of its own. After some weak signs about PETSCII art, In the end of the year the Plain PETSCII Graphics Competition consecrates this graphic format with a huge number of users taking part of the compo.
Aside of this trend, several powerful PETSCII editors has popped out, but no offence for anyone if we dare to recommend PETSCII as the best of the bunch, thanks to its coder Marq.

Even parties, hot on the heels of that compo, have set competition PETSCII-based, just like Zoo 2013, where the same Marq has literally ruled the scene, placing here and there graphic and demo entries all based on PETSCII.
But PETSCII is a common language for 8bit Commodore machines. And Fit, the ancient group founded by Marq, is known for the heterogeneous choice of different machines involved. Easy to realize, then: let's port the C64 PETSCII demos to Plus/4!

First comes Beisikki Demo, code by Marq and music by Yzi, a little gem written in BASIC, and the porting on Plus/4 of a compo winner in BASIC demos. Pretty nice!
But then the big gem comes! Straight from its first place at the demo competition, The First Ball is the best advert for the fresh new PETSCII animation feature just included into PETSCII! Code by Marq, additional code and the stunning graphics by Dr. TerrorZ, and a perfectly fitting SID tune composed by Yzi.
Marq opted for the SIDcard usage, in order to leave unchanged the cool tune, and that's why there are two files in the spreaded D64: in order to be compatible even with the much obscure SIDcards, you can choose between SID music at $FD40 or $FE80.

Hence, welcome Fit, we all wish to see more and more productions from you, hoping for a dedicated Plus/4 release, in the next future.

Posted By

Marq
on 2013-11-15
02:07:06
 Re: They Perfectly "Fit" In The Scene

Thank you for this welcome happy I'd like to promote the endeavours of Dr. TerrorZ a bit, since he's been big help with the PETSCII editor, too, and made top quality PETSCII art with it. As to "The First Ball" I'd even call him the main coder of the prod, since he was in charge of the main design. I did the scrollers and some less visible background code.

Posted By

Degauss
on 2013-11-15
04:11:56

Thanks for the port. Great!

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-12-26
19:35:16

I changed my own youtube video for this release, with a fixed one: the previous video would play the tune from one channel only.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024