Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-30
 Something in the works

Call me crazy, but I actually started to develop a new game for the Plus/4. Over the weekend and this afternoon I worked on it. The game logic is (mostly) there, it's actually playable. I was thinking about a preview... Or maybe I should finish it up (which is usually the hardest part) and release it.

It's a logical board game. Now what do y'all think about that?

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-09-30
 :-)

Sounds cool already! How about adding your Drummix 3 tune as the intro/title music happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-09-30
 Surprise us! :)

Congratulations, bro! You're hitting the top wink

Anyway... if you don't need any beta testers, then you'd better finish it off (although I must confess am very curious) and release it when it's 100% wink

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-01
 For the Plus/4, eh?

I guess this means you're not limiting yourself to the 12K available on the C16?

I have some ideas in my head for some games, but with the Gazette conversions and the GEOS already on my to-do list, I don't know when I'll find the time to write anything new.

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-10-01
 These sound good! My friends.

CSABO: you're a real SW' mine happy happy
JAMES: I kind remember you GEOOoosss wink

hehehehe.

S\_/S

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-10-01
 Size

James, I'm not limiting the size at all this time. It actually feels soo good not to be restricted... happy Besides the four 1K games I developed, what I worked on before was my C=16 demo compo entry, which has been in development for almost two years Too long for sure, and the compo seems to be dead anyway. It has been announced more than two years ago. I tried to bug Lavina, the organizer to do something with it but to no avail.

This game uses the multi-color graphics screen, so that would only leave me $1001-$17FF if I wanted to make it work for the C=16 also... So it's going to be a 64K release.

I know it's hard to find the time to do anything... I wonder about the Plussy scene a lot. I know that it's hard to get motivated because there are so few people left - so there won't be much of an audience for any demo or game.

But I guess some has to get the ball rolling happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-01
 Csabo -->

It's not the motivation for me, it's the time. My job only allows a quick peek into the Forum once in a while.... it's not like I'm in front of a computer all day and can flip from one screen to the next while I'm working.

And then when I get home after 7pm, there's dinner and then family time with the kids. IF (a big IF) I don't fall alseep before the kids do, sometimes the wife wants HER time with me. wink And then in the morning, the whole thing starts all over.

Every other weekend, I get about four hours to myself to work on the Plus/4 stuff. I know it doesn't seem like much to some of you who can use yours everyday..... but hey, it's better than nothing. happy

Posted By

Mike
on 2002-10-01
 (no topic)

Yep...same for me....I get hardly anytime... Its a real bummer....

Lets campain for a 48H day... with the Kids and the wife sleeping for 24 of them happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-10-01
 Hehe

Good one, Mike wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2002-10-02
 Whaaaaat?

Ah! You're coding a +4 game and avoided to ask my help?
Too bad! Toooooo baaaad!

What aboyt some graphic help? And a SID music in order to play it in the game, with both SID and frq converter?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024