Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-05
04:35:56
 HVTC Update May 2013

Further updates of the High Voltage TED Collection, aka HVTC, have been procrastinated several times, just because the near future of the whole project is closely related to the development of .C8M as the proper format for TED tunes. Why releasing new files with custom code for multiple tunes, if all this effort will be trashed out once .C8M will be here on this earth?

Well, an answer exists, and it sounds like topsy-turvy: a conversion to .C8M has to be done anyway, meanwhile let's make the collection grow. And that's why a new version of HVTC is out today!

We've reached the notable number of 330 single files overall, as usual both "pure as they are" and straight runnable to play, plus some fixes here and there (i.e.: added the missing jingle in Harvey Headbanger's file).
Csabo offered all his files in both formats, completing his own folder, Braintron's folder is now completed too, and several new authors have been added, with some very hard hacks succesfully included (Oszkár A Lovag, Oblido...). Metamerism's tune is still missing, but Degauss has promised to release a standalone prg for it quite soon, and that'll become the first file to store for the next update ;)

Don't forget to completely delete the whole previous collection (that's the way to do at any new update!), then download/unzip the new one!

UPDATE: sorry for the mistake, the right link to the ZIP file is on now!

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-06
04:35:56
 Re: HVTC Update May 2013

- I 've uploaded the wrong version of Daley Thompson's player, deleting the complete fix I did months before, can't believe that
- Ingo sent in the music for Metamerism.

Said that, expect a little sub-update soon happy

EDIT: oh wow, a strike of luck finally! I've restored the file I've lost because I'd sent it to th author several months ago via Facebook :)

EDIT2: all my fault, I didn't change the link to the ZIP file, so everything was ok since before. Any further update next time :)

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2013-05-06
12:19:22

An HVTC update, yay! THX Luca.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-31
16:18:27

Since my last HVTC update, I've just stored another mmm...32 TED tunes to add in the next one, mostly German type-in games stuff, the last one from commercial stuff like Footballer Of The Year and Blockbusters, I'm waiting for a fixed file from Degauss (he largely contributed to HVTC, thanks again! wink ), and I also deleted the only BASIC tune I'd added in the very first version as experimental material (maybe in the future BASIC stuff will be added too, not now anyway).

At this point, yes, it begins to seem difficult to spot out new TED tunes to archive (hey this is a very positive note, it means that the collection points to be quite complete!), so I have to open the doors to the external helping
If you notice missing tunes in HVTC, please say that to me, via pm email fb pigeons smoke signals and so on. You know the guidelines: no BASIC stuff, no raw digis, no converted SIDs.

Thanks for you help since now.

Posted By

TMR
on 2013-06-02
04:42:01

Just noticed that the soundtrack from Reaxion is credited to 4-mat but it was done by Sean Connolly...

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-06-02
17:28:31

Aaah thanks TMR, confused by the fact that 4-Mat did a first attempt (I guess) of a tune for Reaxion.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024