Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-27
03:31:32
 Re: Cracks of games?

Seconded, MIK, you're the founder and it's clear and visible 'coz you talked pretty well! wink

Sidenote about cracks: we didn't add so-called "cracks" which are simply cracked copies of the games, there's no reason in adding'em, anyone knows how to push play&record altogether happy Said that, we still sustain a very soft policy about cracks, compared to scene where trainers and cracks are a day by day concern, see CSDb for example.

It has been truly interesting getting deeper in the previously unconsidered C16/Plus4 cracking scene, it really looks like a slice of the history of our scene, and I'm proud to promote the nostalgic rediscovering of the trained games, just like other scenes usually do since years grin

Just a quick example in these days, to give you the taste about this argument.
I've bought some old Italian C16 tapes and the challenge for a bugless dumping has started just like everytime :) Into the bunch, there's a crack of Zodiac, where only some words in the titlescreen have been changed. Nonetheless, I'm fighting with the poor quality of the tape (don't understand why the same Datassette loads it on real machine, being at the same time not able to dump it to PC :'( ), because it's a notable crack, for the following reasons:
- it's the only known C16 crack released by the most important Italian cracker (mostly on C64) ever, the so called "2073";
- it has a custom turbo loader I've never seen before, probably a creation of the cracker himself.

I'll try and try till death, you can bet on it! ;)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024