Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2013-04-25
07:11:00
 Cracks of games?

Hi,
is there any site with cracked games? With immortality and so on?
I test some games now and I found really good ones (like this Robo Knight and so on) but they are not possible to play without immortality.
Or maybe there is any possibility of POKE usage (like on ZX)?
Well, just askin' anyway.
Byez,
Y

_______EDIT________
Oh, this one is good Rogue Boy
I was even able to pass several levels without immortality, which is STRANGE. ;)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-04-25
07:55:42
 Re: Cracks of games?

Yes, such a site exists, and you found it happy

There's 3 sections related to what you're asking. Arthur Noid is just one random example that I picked to illustrate all 3, go there and take a look.

If there are known cracks, they are listed in the download section (right below the game details) and are clearly marked. Sometimes there are games that are hacked versions of the original, usually level edited version, or containing some modifications. These are listed below the main details box in a separate section called derived software. Finally, actual cheats are at the bottom, we're always adding cheats for games. There's even a "How do I use cheats" link there which explains what to do with that info in great detail. (Additionally, all the cheats are also listed in one big list on the "Cheats" page, you can find this in the main menu.)

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-25
09:06:15

Mh, why not? Deal!
My next C16 trainer will be Robo Knight, out in very few days, so stay tuned happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2013-04-26
04:01:12

I remember playing these classic commercial games on the plussy as a kid. Every single game was a magic kingdom to drop in and experience its beauties and secrets. Even today if I start such an old game I feel like a 10 year old.

But I also remember that most of the games were just too hard thus giving too much frustration. Especially for kids I guess these were just too hard to play.

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2013-04-26
07:45:26

Csabo:

Would it be possible to put them into one place on the WWW site? Like "cracks" or "trainers"?
It would be easy to find, You know.

Luca:

Haha, it would be great, mate. happy

Lavina:

The games are too difficult to me even today, dude. happy And I'd still like to play them, heh. wink
Hence my question. wink wink wink wink wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-27
02:34:01

A deal is a deal! happy
Robo Knight +4M

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-04-27
03:22:13

Your late to the party YERZMYEY. If you go back 14 or so years most of the commercial stuff was cracks of a sort online for C16&Plus4.

Since then people have spent many, many man hours sorting things out so everything is as genuine as possible which has always been a priority. It's one of the things Plus4 World can be proud of as this doesn't happen with C64, Spectrum, Amstrad online software scene. wink

Some of the better cracks have been kept for obvious reasons, rightly so and things like Liberator +5MD are a better way of doing things as it is much more professional and allows you to cheat the easy way by a press of a single key. The most important thing is that a crack is not to use the original name which Luca and Csabo have correctly done! happy

But yeah some were so bad that they had to be redone and that's why many are not here any more. In fact some were that bad it did not help the guys working on emulators because sometimes things looked like it needed fixing with the emulator when really it was fault of a bad crack. Manic Miner comes to mind lol.

Originals have done the world of good to the scene and to end, Luca has spent ages sorting and adding cheats/pokes & sys codes to all games so your immortality is here already - you have to do it manually.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-27
03:31:32

Seconded, MIK, you're the founder and it's clear and visible 'coz you talked pretty well! wink

Sidenote about cracks: we didn't add so-called "cracks" which are simply cracked copies of the games, there's no reason in adding'em, anyone knows how to push play&record altogether happy Said that, we still sustain a very soft policy about cracks, compared to scene where trainers and cracks are a day by day concern, see CSDb for example.

It has been truly interesting getting deeper in the previously unconsidered C16/Plus4 cracking scene, it really looks like a slice of the history of our scene, and I'm proud to promote the nostalgic rediscovering of the trained games, just like other scenes usually do since years grin

Just a quick example in these days, to give you the taste about this argument.
I've bought some old Italian C16 tapes and the challenge for a bugless dumping has started just like everytime :) Into the bunch, there's a crack of Zodiac, where only some words in the titlescreen have been changed. Nonetheless, I'm fighting with the poor quality of the tape (don't understand why the same Datassette loads it on real machine, being at the same time not able to dump it to PC :'( ), because it's a notable crack, for the following reasons:
- it's the only known C16 crack released by the most important Italian cracker (mostly on C64) ever, the so called "2073";
- it has a custom turbo loader I've never seen before, probably a creation of the cracker himself.

I'll try and try till death, you can bet on it! ;)

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-04-28
12:29:34

I was very disappointed by Robo Knight at 80s. It has the beautiful graphics but it was impossible to play it. Thanks to the new trained version I can try it again. happy

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2013-04-28
12:52:28

That's exactly what I meant.

By the way, I was asking about it before but maybe this thread - about games - it more reasonable:
the SidCard has some "joystick" post, if I can see correctly. Why it is there?
I was checking it out on several games but seems like they don't respond for it at all.

Another question - if it's not compatible with the standard 264 joy, are there any "through-connectors from the 264 connectors into the standard Atari XL/C64 connectors to buy?

The Plus/4 has a good keyboard for games but playing them on C=116 would destroy the keyboard which I'd like to avoid, You know.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-28
13:16:20

I'm glad you liked the release :)

Oh well, open another thread for...another thread grin

A converter cable from 264 to C64? Mmmm, weird, never seen it...in order to use 264 joysticks on C64?
Sidcard's joystick port: well, if you set it (Tron 6), you will use it wink

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2013-04-28
13:36:32

Luca:

My English must be worse than I thought (shit happens anyway).
What I mean is - if I want to connect a standard joystick to 264 (non-standard ports) I would have to use some converter-cable in order to use a C64 joystick on 264.
Is there anything like it, or a scheme of it?

> Sidcard's joystick port: well, if you set it (Tron 6), you will use it
-----------------
So only several games use this port?

Posted By

Patrick
on 2013-04-28
13:56:04

on ebay you will find those adapters! joystick c64--->264. i think they are around 10 euro!

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-28
14:14:28

Ah well, you've written "...from the 264 connectors into the standard Atari XL/C64 connectors...", which I read as from 264 to c64 quite neat happy

Converter cables in order to use C64 joystick on 264 machines are a common feature, see'em in the /hardware page here too. You can buy that cable almost everywhere, from e-bids to shops.

Sidcard joystick port: well, Synergy did the Sidcard in 1992, years after the last commercial game for C16, and Tron 6 is just an easy release by Synergy vrew again, in order to show the 3rd port...

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2013-04-28
16:49:58

OK, thanks a lot guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (and sorry for my English).

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-28
17:13:29

You're welcome. Oh and several times, my English is terrible too, showing weakness here and there happy

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-04-29
14:07:54

I'd made such connector several months ago. It is easy. You should connect pins according to the next plain table

C64/Atari DB9 - C+4 Mini DIN
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
6 - 6
8 - 8

I don't use 5V - so this will not work with autofire. I inserted 100 Ohm resistor to 8-8 connection. BTW my first joystick connectors were made at Poland. wink

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2013-04-30
17:07:23

Well, I don't want to be annoying or anything (but I AM and this is my feature!!!! wink )
but actually the 264 version of "Saboteur" seems to be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more reasonable than the other ones.
What I mean is this: Saboteur C16
This game roxx big time.
However, the small number of lifes and the time quickly-shrinking is... killing (literally and not only wink ).
If You guyz would consider it as the next crack..................... ;)
I'd be GRATEFUL. wink wink wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-30
18:59:57

In any case, I see there are cheats for unlimited time and energy in that page, you could use'em meantime wink

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2013-05-01
15:17:50

Thanx, but of course it didn't work.
I used this instruction http://plus4world.powweb.com/kb/FAQ/How_do_I_use_cheats and my Vice behaves completely in a different way. :-\

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-05-01
15:37:42

VICE Plus4 works exactly in the same way of YAPE: ALT+M to enter in monitor, then those cheats. Rather, I would point out that VICE fails in emulate the audio fx in Saboteur C16 happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-05-01
18:01:47

YAPE for the WIN when it comes to emulation. wink

http://yape.homeserver.hu/

Don't delay, download TODAY! grin

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-02-06
11:35:51

Oops I realize now only that Yerzmyey asked for a Saboteur C16 trainer. Oh well, better late than never, I'll see if I find some spare time soon wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-02-07
18:41:51

And if possible release a second version with remapped key controls so it matches the same ones a joystick uses. Might play it then. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-02-07
19:00:34

I did better: contradicting what's written on the original instructions about 'having no memory left', my trainer for Saboteur C16 is a +2J, which means unlimited energy, unlimited time and joystick/keyboard control. Of course, it still runs on a C16! wink

Finished just tonite, it has been a pretty nice challenge because of the tricky memory kamasutring I did, and it will be up tomorrow in the morning

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024