Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-23
15:55:04
 TSS3 DiskTurbo doesn't load with Datassette attached

I used TSS3 DiskTurbo, my prefer one, with and without Datassette attached: it worked when there was no Datassette attached, but it didn't work with the Datassette attached, giving back the ?LOAD ERROR message during the loading phase.

Can someone confirm this?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2013-04-26
12:50:50
 Re: TSS3 DiskTurbo doesn't load with Datassette attached

Hi Luca,

I can confirm it sort of - you know, one measurement is no measurement. I made one attempt to load one and the same file with and without the 1531 connected. When connected LOAD ERROR, when not READY and the program ran as it should.

It is very interesting that the other day I read in a forum topic on CSDb that the very same loader that runs fine on a C128+1571 combo breaks when run on a C128DCR. The guys were talking about some electronics issues. Maybe the same applies to this case too.

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-04-26
14:40:40

Thank you! It have driven me mad even when I was quite young!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2013-04-26
16:12:27

It could be a very simple error of not setting the CPU data direction register ($00) properly. When the datasette is attached the tape sense line is high (AFAIR) otherwise it's low. So setting the data direction accordingly (tapse sense line bit to output - which input by default - in the DDR) might fix the issue entirely.

EDIT: Try POKE0,31 before LOAD-ing...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024