Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-12-14
05:47:28
 The Real Stunt Experts

The Real Stunt Experts, one of the last games commercially released for the C16, ha this text written in the instructions:
"Please note side 1 contains the main program as well as the 3 game data files, side 2 only contains the 3 game data files. After you play the game once (from side 1!), you may find it easier to use side 2 to load the individual game data files.

At the moment: the prg file fits in 16k and contains the gauntlet-style 1st level only, and the TAP file only contains the first program, with no further multiload stuff. No side 2 TAP inlcuded.

Having just added some new cheats to let you do it easy, who can test an original tape to see what it really includes? The current file, once passed level 8, claims for a phantomatic level 9 then turns back to the title...

Thanks in advance.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-12-14
13:46:49
 Re: The Real Stunt Experts

That should be me... ! happy I guess I should dump side B then... I don't have parallel port PC anymore, so I'll use a rusty old walkman. Fingers crossed.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-12-14
15:38:56

Great! Side B and the whole side A too! wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-12-15
01:14:47

Good luck Gaia, I remember you finding this and like wow a proper rare. happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-12-15
15:18:46

Well, well... bad news. First off, the cover of the C16 version explicitly states in capitals that "PLEASE NOTE THE C16 VERSION OF THE REAL STUNT EXPERTS CONTAINS ONLY ONE ENHANCED LEVEL". Where was your info coming from Luca?

Secondly, I have dumped both sides. The tape is very short and there is nothing coming after the main part. To top it all off, side B contains the same NOVALOAD program file with a different head adjustment (it did not even load properly, and the signal looked rather awful in Audacity).

Sorry

Actually, I have the feeling that these tapes have never been marketed. Mine is in mint condition and the guy who was selling it had a chok-full of them in his online store. My suspicion is that the firm went bust before The Real Stunt Experts could have entered the market and their inventory was simply liquidated.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-12-15
16:37:51

Unfortunately, both sentences are written in the instructions, but only the one I've read has been also translated in German and Italian!
In any case, thanks for your effort and time :)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024