Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-10-07
10:31:44
 MP3 to TAP conversion required

Dattilografia is an Italian educational tool about typewriting.
Somebody saved the two tape images as compressed MP3. All my attempts to restore working TAPs or WAVs from those MP3s failed.
If any of you has experience in that, and would try to do the same, it would be appreciated.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-10-08
05:57:12
 Re: MP3 to TAP conversion required

The end result really would be to have it returned back in to a .wav

Is Mike D still active, can he help? He was the person who gave us wav tapes for C16/Plus4.
I guess you would need a sample editor, one that can load MP3's and save it as a .wav but also allow you to change it into Mono if required, the correct frequency which Mike D has or used to have on a web page... but most of all Volume control of the sample. It would be the volume setting of the recording that would be the most difficult to get right.

Also how was it recorded in the first place - maybe any hope of making it work has been lost just because how it was originally copied?

Any idea if this has been released under a different name in other countries? What would it be called in english or an idea what it might of been called? You would think Commodore software would be more common and have already been copied, maybe hiding on some d64 some where?

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-10-08
07:37:46

Yes, of course I got the WAVs from those tapes, and they doesn't work unfortunally
We need someone who knows how to clean and manage the resulting WAVs.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-10-08
14:13:12

OMG there was a broken download link, now I fixed it.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-10-08
17:22:12

I might give it a go (this not to discourage others, though wink ). Is it a turbo loader?

EDIT: OMG, the quality of the recording is dismal... is it possible to re-record it with a much higher amplitude? This is gonna be next to hopeless otherwise.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-10-08
17:48:46

Unfortunately nope, that's not mine but found around on the net Other tapes dumped by me are just in and await to be announced, you will see happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024