Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-21
03:50:27
 A change of Nick name...

Lando is now MIK.

I'm a Mike like indi, but now nick names have long been changed by some members it's was about time I got shot of Lando as I'm sick of looking at it.

When I first joined the internet back in the 90's I needed a nick for my internet provider and most of the obvious starwars related names I could think of as I was on the spot trying to come up with something had already been used. That's how this came about...

MIK is what I use when entering my name in the High Score table be it either arcade machines or home gaming. I'm happy with that. happy

I hope people don't mind.
Cheers!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-05-20
11:53:52
 Re: A change of Nick name...

Are you taking the Mik? I thought Lando was cool

lol joke. My original name on the C16 site was Baz, my everyday nickname which friends and family calls me. But then I wanted to remain more anonymous so I eventually picked the one I have now which might work well also on some adult sites lol.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-05-20
12:35:15

My usual nick in the vanity boards is AIM: when I was sixteen I was in love with a girl named Mia and my nick is still now her name right to left.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-20
12:45:24

Hello Baz. happy

Indy used Mike for a good number of years.

Very rare now days but I went in person to get on to the internet as they had a shop front in the middle of Town. Best I could come up with when they told me not to use my real name. All of 20 seconds lol.

Lucky for you as Sixteen Plus... a quick google looking at images I see Horse treats and a couple of C16/Plus4 games! I think Casbo should permanently force you to view this site as PONY WORLD! grin

winkhappywink

Luca,
Nice Tattoo of how to remember some one! I have a picture of a girl I was fond of back in the 80's, we went out for all of 2 weeks lol. It's out of harms way just in case. wink

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-05-20
15:39:59

MIK: I do not mind bro (erm... BRO) wink but I'm gonna look back on the old name with an obvious sense of nostalgy nevertheless.

Luca: my daughter is also called Mia happy

BTW, my 3-char long name used to be DOG happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-20
16:28:03

Cheers Ati. I will always remember your dog regardless of nick change! happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2012-05-21
03:27:48

I'm Lavina from the age of 9 when I first touched a Plus4 in primary school. happy Now I'm 36 and still not tired of it. happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-05-21
13:14:46

At age of 14 or so I started to design/program on paper a game (never realized) I called Humming Bird. It turned out that the same game concept already realized as PSST on Spectrum! Idea dropped.
During development phase I needed a good software house name for it for the title screen (like Mastertronic, etc), and I found out MicroMark Software --> MMS (coming partly from my real family name).

I kept this 3 character name for a long time (this is my Nick here too), but later on when I started the internet area, and found out, that very frequently MMS nickname was already occupied. So I extended it a little to became MMSZ or MMSZoli.

I know it became too easy to trace back to real name, but who cares?
I do not keep my hobby hidden happy Some people like veteran cars or motors, I prefer veteran PCs. grin

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-21
16:33:14

I think back in the early days it was all about keeping safe, but since the likes of Facebook it's mostly open now of who you might be. I don't like the new generation of the net being all social networking sites... Keep your friends close, but your family well out of the way!

Posted By

Hans
on 2012-05-21
17:16:52

MIK wrote:

I think back in the early days it was all about keeping safe, but since the likes of Facebook it's mostly open now of who you might be. I don't like the new generation of the net being all social networking sites... Keep your friends close, but your family well out of the way!

I fully agree. Besides of the Facebook mania (By the way, can anybody explain, please, why that balloon is worth zillions of $$$$ ?), the blo...y internet has made us more transparent as we really wanted to be. You can see that every time when cleaning up your brower's cookies folder....

Does anybody here remember the Fido net? By it's time in the 80s, I think it wasn't yet open for our friends living east of the former so-called Iron Curtain. Fido had some more "familiarity" than the i-net - sorry, I'm lacking the correct term... And I'm running out of topic anyway. Sorry again.

Reg's,
Hans.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-21
18:13:04

I first used my Amiga and would dial to a local BBS before I joined the internet.

I recall the term Fido, like an early form of BBS where a lot of warez were being exchanged by those lucky people who had it. wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024