Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-03-26
14:34:08
 Ultimate Map V1.7

Where's the current BASIC line? How to RS-232? How to play high-pitched white noise? Where to find ALL the infos you need, even if you type BASIC lines or you manage to tame the TED by machine language? A new version of Ultimate Map is out right now!

SVS improved this very useful .XLS, in order to have the most complete memory mapping for the 264 machines. Both RAM and ROM chapters are now enriched by adding several new data (about RAM usage, IRQ specs, keyboard routines and other minor infos); keyboard matrix has been added too; TED's registers are now straight compared to the corresponding VIC-II ones; the PET-ASCII codes chapter has been fixed and new finds have been added too.

You no longer need to read all those .txt you collected in the past years because you would need to know how that certain register works: you exactly know where any info lies! Download the brand new Ultimate Map now!

Posted By

siz
on 2012-03-26
14:34:30
 Re: Ultimate Map V1.7

The link of the picture is broken: it points to Software/UltimateMap instead of Tools/Ultimate_Map

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-03-26
15:25:59

Fixed.

Just grabbed the file, kudos SVS for maintaining it. It came in handy so many times before. Seriously guys, if you're still coding, use it.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-03-26
15:58:14

Oops my fault, I did anything but check the picture's link :/

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2012-03-26
17:47:11

Thank you SVS,
This über handy xls saved my life numerous times!
I recognized you use C64 fonts. It isn't installed on my machine so (for example) the new keyboard matrix texts apper in greek fonts happy And, if you use the C64 font, you can replace the small images (built from native excel shapes, could be plenty of work uh) with single chars (if the font contains them). Oh, if that C64 fontset is TTF you can even embed it into the xls, or at least include in the zip (for comfort).

Regardless these little problems, when I do coding I use your xls daily happy

Posted By

Csio
on 2012-03-26
17:52:42

yes, thx SVS!

Posted By

Degauss
on 2012-03-26
18:15:40

Yeah, thank you SVS! Always had big respect for the XLS. You're doing a great job wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-03-27
02:55:51

Me too, SVS'xls saved me several times. The usual scenario is this: something's wrong, then I load the xls, I read that certain zeropage infos, I say "aaaaaaaaah!" happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2012-03-27
05:25:26

What i really like is having all in one place. Normally i had 4-5 different html-files where i lookup stuff - which is rather uncomfortable. So its a really handy file wink

Posted By

SVS
on 2012-03-28
07:25:22

Hi pals,
thank you all for your good words about the stuff and for suggestions.

@KiCHY: I would to embed the C64 font, but it seems that it's not possible with Excel or I'm not able to do it. Any idea?

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2012-03-28
07:37:22

I never embedded TTF into xls personally, I just made a quick search in Google.
Searching further this topic i found:
The "real embedding" in xls like in powerpoint or word is not possible in Excel. You can embed it as Object and the viewer can install manually by doubleclicking.

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/553706-is-it-possible-to-embed-a-font-in-an-excel-file.html

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024