Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-03-05
01:34:58
 HVTC Update

A very short note, just to inform you that the High Voltage TED Collection project has now reached 200 single files!

Once again, fixes and new tunes: the first confirmed tunes made by Kabo/MB, Kevin Moughtin's music, Herman's, ALF's original demotunes, the complete Brigitte Gertz and more!

So, delete the whole previous collection (that's the way to do at any new update!) and download/unzip the new one!

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2012-03-06
01:34:58
 Re: HVTC Update

I was thinking about the TED Player for the PC. I'm asking emulator authors: how difficult to "extract" the CPU core, memory and some TED functions (timers, and most important: the sound registers) into a dll with some wrapper functions like (for example) InitMemory(uint16, address, byte[] bytearray, uint16 count) or InitMusic(uint16 address, byte regA, byte regX, byte regY), etcetc. ? Think on it like the FMOD.dll, we call the init function and it starts to play the muic happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-03-06
02:49:20

Also keep in count that files like those ones could use any memory location as counters or to generate random values (very rare but possible). The routine can be usually called in a round value of frames (1x most, 2x 3x etc), even once every several frames (0.5x, 0.33x etc), or can be called unconstantly (in general, because of interrupt routine that are affected by comeback to BASIC, or by CLI in order to occasionally use the kernel instructions).

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2012-03-06
07:09:14

All the music driver should lay in the emulated memory...
- for example the Init call initializes an interrupt handler ($314-5 or $fffe-f). It will call the music player code 1x 2x, etc per frame.

So the player core should be an almost complete plussy emulator without rendering the display (but with raster interrupts), handling serial ports, emulating IO, etc.
Pressing the "Play" button on the player UI starts the emulation, calls the music init routing and voilá happy
Pressing the "Stop" button stops the emulation and so on.

BTW I don't plan anything but trying to roll further the files of our TED Player.

Posted By

siz
on 2012-03-06
10:56:13

I've downloaded the HVTC collection (for the first time).

A question to the "collectors": does Aardwark, Leaper and Zagan Warrior really have the exact same music? Or is it some file-naming bug?

(yes, I know that I could have downloaded the games and listen to their music myself but I don't have that much time during work happy )

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2012-03-06
12:13:47

The musics of Leaper in HVTC are from the tape version of leaper where you can find an intro pic with these musics. Leaper also has another two musics, the well known Popcorn-like tune and the other one I don't remember its name.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-03-06
13:49:56

siz: this question has been made to me by Csabo too in PM, a good one.
Taking for granted that anything still can be improved and that any help and suggest is well accepted, nonetheless HVTC tries to follow the same guidelines of the most famous HVSC. In HVSC, there are several "same file of", in order to allow anyone in picking up the wanted tune. Redundance for archiving, then wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-06-04
19:11:25

HVTC updated as consequence of the release of TedPlay!

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-06-05
10:21:22

Take tom_thumb_early.prg down!

With respect to Udo Gertz he was very kind to send us all his stuff but I don't think he meant for us to rip what is nothing more than Work in Progress especially this as you have to be tone deaf to even think it's a tune with both channels playing...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024