Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

amigaman07
on 2011-11-08
05:04:50
 Rare Commodore Game!

Hi all.

I just aquired some Cassette Games"" for my Commodore 16, which were purchased from a former Commodore 16 or Plus 4 Owner, who's Computer DECEASED!

In with the Games is an Adventure Game by "dotsoft" called "The Search For King Solomon's Mines Part 1".

The Game has No Computer Compatible name anywhere on the Case or Cassette, such as "Commodore 16" or "Commodore 64"??? But does state on the rear "FEATURES Full 84K of program"!

I tried to Load it on my Commodore 16, and it does Find and begin Loading, then DIES!

I'm guessing, it has an out of Memory Error, and this game must be for the Commodore Plus 4 ???

But I Googled the Game and apperently it is only available for Commodore 64, yet this does NOT Load on my Commodore 64!!!

Have I got a RARE Game here, as in Commodore Plus 4 Game???

Any Info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Darren

Posted By

crock
on 2011-11-08
05:15:29
 Re: Rare Commodore Game!

Sadly not.

http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/King_Solomons_Mines

Posted By

Luca
on 2011-11-08
05:25:34
 Re: Rare Commodore Game!

Let's start saying that King Solomon's Mines is a rare game indeed in whichever format.
This is the Dotsoft C64 release cover.

Yes, it can be as you've said, that would eventually be the C16 version. "FEATURES Full 84K of program" could include the intro. Anyway, we dunno about a Plus/4 version. It absolutely needs a run on a 264 machine, do it again! And be sure to test both sides wink

Exactly what do you mean with "it dies"? Does it stuck in the middle? Are you able to load the intro? Send us a picture of the cover.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024