Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2011-07-30
08:38:21
 Re: New Game Released: Bit Fox

Csabo: Funny thinking, for you, a "time is up" message equals a reward, maybe you liked school exams very much happy I think the problem is you wanted to mix 3 different things (hi-score, reward, ending) into one. For example, Thrust Fox has an end and a highscore, but no reward (or: every caught pheasant is a reward happy, and you can't continue the game, but to start a new one.

Sixteen Plus: The music pieces just hop into my head in late evening when I'm already in bed, and I must write them down at instant, because they would never come back. (Problem is, I can't identify music notes myself, I have to slow down the music in my head and key them in a virtual piano note by note, using trial&fail. happy

Luca: Yeah, I think it's not the best idea to measure products in a fixed scale, it can be a remorse to gain ratings like better commercial games from the past, or, for the voter to give too low or too high values. I think Pouet.net's system is a good idea. We could sum many players' votes:
- don't like (-1)
- don't know (0)
- it's okay (1)
- like it (2)
Or similar, I'm not into scoring systems much.

About the speeds: I do will try out Austro (my bad, I completely forgot about it). Don't forget that in my latest games the features and complexity were cut down to a minimal level to reach a playable speed. I could have put in a lot of ideas like cannons and disappearing blocks in Bit Fox, different kinds of birds, bonus time and even a remaining time display in Thrust Fox Extra, but the speed would have suffered, like in Foxish...

Whatever, I make these games for fun and because I think they have been missing since I got a Plus/4 in childhood. Back then I saw what simple games were selling at stores where I live.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024