Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-07-28
00:32:25
 New Covers!

Digital BallBear(tm) apparently hunted down a few more original tapes, and he sent us the cover artworks for them. We now have the cover for... Digital Ball! Or "Faltenisz" as it is apparently called (who knew?). It's a classic breakout game. While on the C16 Arthur Noid cannot be beat, this is probably the best game of the genre for Plus/4.

The cover description mentions the game has 50 levels and our notes say it has 32, perhaps someone can get to the bottom of that. The other new covers added today are for Rabló-Rulett, we now have the instructions. Big thanks for these to Bear(tm), enjoy!

Posted By

MIK
on 2011-07-29
00:32:25
 Re: New Covers!

Sorry to bring this up, but the notes for Arthur Noid are a little strange.

There is nothing wrong with the instructions where it states: 32 levels plus bonus levels. It's not even classed as misleading in any way in the UK because it is a way of making you think there is more than there really is without being direct to the point, a trick used all the time to promote products.

As an example. You can read a menu in a restaurant where factual information of a meal could be, (with fancy wording) Stake & Fried Potatoes with Mushrooms and a selection of salads. A selection of salads being - plus bonus levels for Arthur Noid.

The selection of salads can be anything the restaurant wants it to be as they have not stated what the items of the salad will be. In the customers mind this allows them to wonder what they may expect to receive and being greedy as we are it is normally MORE in our minds. grin

In general the customer will expect how BIG or small and the amount of offered salad the restaurant wishes to give. The UK people do not like to make a fuss face to face on how much they will be given, unless they are really taking the mickey mouse. So... people selling items can take advantage or be kind at the same time using this technique to state there is more without telling you how much.

So now Arthur Noid instructions read there are 32 levels, and in a nice way without being direct on the amount it is explaining there is MORE by adding plus bonus levels. More is good, more is greedy and if you get more than you were expecting then good for you!

Arthur Noid's notes now become a fact. A fact of something we may not know and that is: The game has 32 levels including the 9 bonus levels.

I said I was sorry.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-07-29
09:12:26

Nothing to be sorry about! It's interesting that there's some confusion about the number of levels for Arthur Noid as well... I didn't even know... but the news item was not talking about that happy (I really only mentioned Arthur Noid as an excellent example of a crackout game, in case someone is not familiar with the Hungarian Digital Ball.)

On the back cover of Faltenisz/Digital Ball it says "...ötven különbözõ pálya", which means "fifty different levels". Our notes say it has 32 levels, so one of them has to be wrong.

Seems like getting the number of levels right for crackout game covers is a tough job.

Posted By

MIK
on 2011-07-29
12:18:51

Yeah sounds like I went off in the wrong direction. I normally like to ponder on things that show up. It could be a cover of a game and then I start looking at other related things enjoying as I go along. So as you brought Arthur Noid into play which was a good call I also indulged my self on Arthur Noid's page in detail as well. happy

You might of said Tom Thumb, so that day I will look at tom's page from top to bottom all over again. happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2011-07-29
15:05:52

Never mind, Lando, I enjoyed every bit of it happy BTW, where is the news item gone?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-07-29
15:15:01

The news item is still there, but in an unprecedented turn of events, got pushed down by the previous... I mean previously previous... Oh never mind. It's there, trust me happy

Lando, Tom's page is one of my favourites. I don't mind looking over it from top to bottom every once in a while. It showcases how much information we've collected... It's pretty darn impressive, even if I say so myself happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024