Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-05-25
10:14:28
 Old school gamers - Spy vs Spy testing needed

So, is there someone who actually has a copy of Spy vs Spy, the original C16 title from Tynesoft on tape? And if so, do have a time to test something out on the real iron? Besides dusting off your machine and loading the game, it should only be about a minute or two.

Posted By

Luca
on 2011-05-25
10:27:43
 Re: Old school gamers - Spy vs Spy testing needed

Do you mean an original one, no reversed .TAP image? What's the objective?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-05-25
11:00:32

Yes, original original happy I'm guessing, or maybe hoping, that our TAP files and PRG files are bugged.

"Real Iron(tm) - the only way to be sure"

Posted By

Gaia
on 2011-05-25
12:21:37

I think Lando has it happy What's the bug? Could it not be that (another) bugged game was released commercially back in the day?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-05-25
13:55:30

Yes, it's likely that the game has a bug. Certainly isn't the first time. Might even warrant a new tag/section, to list the bugged games with details of the bugs. I'll be more than happy to reveal more info once someone responds that they are willing to check happy

"Real iron(tm) - for that authentic Plus/4 smell"

Posted By

Chris
on 2011-05-26
11:45:47

I have the game at home, could load it up this weekend if you still need it doing?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2011-05-26
13:22:29

Oh cool and yes we do! So, here are the steps:

- Dust off your machine, shoo everyone out of the room and load Spy vs Spy.
- Choose 2 players (with the F1 key) to keep things simple. You can control the white spy.
- Choose level 5, that's the one with the suspected bug.
- Here's the map of level 5:

#-*-*-*-*-#
| | | |
* . . *-* *
| |
* . #-*-*-*
| |
*-*-*-* . *
| |
* *-* . . *
| | |
@-*-*-*-*-#

Just go down to the room in the lower/left (I marked it with @) and see if there's an item there. There should be 5 items per level, the other 4 are marked with #. Without the 5th, this level cannot be successfully finished. Looking forward to hearing the result happy

"Real iron(tm) - over two decades of frying eggs on the power supply"

Posted By

MIK
on 2011-05-26
23:06:28

lol Yes I do have it and I created the original .tap from that very tape so I would imagine it's a bug. happy

the tap does not lie unless it's a bad image, (I snapped my Terra Nova tape trying to make one - proper mare) or an emulator is having a funny 5 minutes.

If Chris is up for it then I'll leave it in his good hands as it's not a game I played much, kinda took one look and never went back.

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2011-05-29
16:34:41

That was the bug. I've tested level 5 with the bug, then once again with the update and added it to the game.

Next time I create a bugfixed new copy, with 2 joystick option too ...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024