Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2011-04-10
02:22:42
 Re: Plus4IDE features requests

Win7-x64 guys,

Played with Plus4IDE under Windows 7 x64 Ultimate a bit. The problem seems to be AS65. The older does not work and the newer has at least one problem. As it is stated in its manual (v1.42, as65.man, around line 25-26) it expects lower case opcodes, register references and directives. Although the assembler has a command line switch (-i) that should make it case insensitive, so it could interpret e.g. opcodes in capitals, but in the 1.42 version this function seems to be broken. Until Csabo manages to come up with a workaround the affected people may want to contact the author of AS65 with a bug report. It is also possible to convert the sources to lower case with the editor component. One should click in the editor area with the right button and in the popup menu go to "Properties" then "Language/Tabs" and uncheck "Fixup text case while typing language keywords". After this any text selected in the editor can be made lower case with the popup mentioned above. Of course this makes the syntax highlighting go out of order.

Luca,

The answer to your repeated question why AS65 accepts only lower case text is as I stated above is that AS65 seems to be broken.

Edit:

Checking the help file of the old assembler revealed that the previous versions of AS65 also expected opcodes, pseudo opcodes and register names in lower case. Therefore one may think that earlier versions were the buggy ones and the new release corrected the error, namely that the -i command line switch worked on parts of the source text it should have not. One way of remedying the issue would be replacing the keyword data for syntax highlighting with lower case text. This can be done quickly but of course the look of the sources will change, and maybe older code will need some manual labour to reformat.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024