Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2011-04-08
02:45:38
 Re: Converting gfx made on PC

Carrion:
look at Multi Botticelli's page, in the bottom you can read the graphic format, that's the format Istvan's converter save to, very useful. Usually, when you input GRAPHIC4, you see the $2000-$3F3F memory area, and for that it reads colors from $1800-$1FE7 as default ($FF14=#$0F). Just like the Multi Botticelli format, the first half of the colour map is for colours ($1800-$1BE7, you see some bytes are wasted till $1C00) in the format xy, where x is colour1 and y is colour2 in that 4x8 box; the second half is for luminances ($1C00-$1FE7) in the same format xy. You see: 16 colours and 8 luminances (apart the black, which is the same in all the luminances), hence $1C00 = #$4B is the same of $1C00 = #$C3 (I mean: don't care the last bit). Multi Botticelli also store the two fixed colours'info into the wasted bytes. The same if you see that as GRAPHIC2, hires, with no use of the two fixed colours this time. YAPE allows you to load anything starting to the location you decide, hence if you wanna see a MultiBotticelli's file as GRAPHIC4, you simply load it from $1800 forced.
I love Timanthes, but it uses C64 colour rules! So, you have to remember by yourself: 2 fixed colours which are the same in the whole pic, and 2 colours which can be different in any 4x8 box.

@Istvan:
have to admit, I downloaded the new version of the converter, and it does not work (xp sp3 32bit).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024