Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Guayar
on 2010-10-26
09:47:54
 Looking for name of the game.

I'm really looking for a c116, c16 game from my youth.

Here what I remember:
1. Music in the background was "Popcorn" by Gershon Kingsley
2. You needed to go to the highest "platform" to light on a Letter.
3. Platforms was lines with moving hole in it.
4. You needed to light whole word - as i remamber all letters had different colour.
5. As more letters was lighted the more enemys was comming.

Many thanks for helping me out.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-10-26
10:17:50
 Re: Looking for name of the game.

First! happy It's Leaper.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-10-26
10:19:56

You beat me wink I was just about to say that. EVERYBODY on C16 knows that game (mostly for the tune happy ).

Posted By

Guayar
on 2010-10-26
12:14:36

Yes it is Leaper happy The tune was in my head, the images and now I'm able to play it again - thanks, many many many thanks happy I was looking for it for so long happy

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-10-26
13:52:52

I think most of us have some games that bring back lots of memories happy

Nevertheless, you should give some recent productions a chance, too. Some ppl who had a C16 in the 80s are not aware of the fact that there's a huge range of software beyond the classic titles that were commercially available.
There are many games worth checking out. Brand new Uwol for instance runs on an unexpanded C16, too. (Doesn't really matter if you use an emulator.)

Posted By

Guayar
on 2010-10-26
14:08:18

I not only use emulator happy I own C=116 (that was my first computer and is always first in my heart), C=16 and C=plus4. I will gladly give new productions a try. If you can recomend me some happy This one game bothered me a lot as this was only one name of a classic I have really forgotten. My first 3 beloved games are: Big Mac, Squirm and f1 - I got it along with 116 many many years ago. Now I will try to explore this world again and try to find what has happend recently. I just love commodore 8 bit computers happy

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-10-26
16:00:50

Being able to use the real hardware is cool (though, the emulators are nice to have, too).

You should definitely check out Adventures In Time. It's also a 2010 production and features very nice graphics and music (which was not always the case with the old classics). Gameplay is great, too!

There are so many nice games. It depends a bit on what genre you like... Many games are converted from C64 but there are also a bunch of unique plus/4 games or special plus/4 versions (e.g. Pengo).

You can also register. Just send a mail to Csabo (including a password you'd like to have) and he'll be happy to set up an account for you. It's not required, though.

Posted By

Guayar
on 2010-10-28
05:11:40

Uwol is great game happy Now I will check rest you have recommended. Not much time though - shame. Today I will try to play with my C116 on a 26' LCD monitor with TV capabilities - this will be fun grin

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024