Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Ati
on 2010-03-23
07:05:24
 What do you do?

Who make something in this time? Demo? Game? Other stuff?

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-23
07:19:04
 Re: What do you do?

- have to start and finish composing an ingame tune (the game is actually ready, sorry my fault!);
- have to compose a jingle and edit (and test) some levels for a little "new edition game "project.

...and you, ATI? ;)

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2010-03-23
09:07:43

I was hoping to have a limiTED this year too, so I have a half done 1k compo filler and another one roughly 20% ready.

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-03-23
11:36:45

A new release of SVS-Calc is in work. Near ready the printing feature.
This involved me and MikeZ to explore and apply the Overlaying ability of AustroSpeed.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-23
13:43:24

I'm working on finishing an action game with a couple of guys. The biggest problem we're running into right now is finding something to help with the level editing.

I looked around on the C64 side, found Cartographer PC and Char Pad V1.0. They are both closed source and don't meed out needs, so it's probably let's-write-another-tool time. Unless someone has betters ideas, or wants to jump in and help. Let me extend that invitation to everything to do with this project: if you have free time and feel like coding/drawing/helping out, contact me.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2010-03-23
13:59:49

For beamphobia I wrote a nice basic proggy for level-editing, I still have it... Creating beamphobia 3 would take some 2 days max, most of it would be the creative part, editing would take 1 hour. happy

As for now, running projects: SPANISH language. :P From crap to intermediate 3 years.

Upcoming projects: French and Italian.

Then maybe some demo.

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2010-03-23
14:03:31

I work on a native utility for the plussy. I don't want to tell more 'coz my productivity is really rhapsodic and who knows I will finish it one day or not...

My last project on plussy is almost complete, I'll receive the last bits of it soon... I hope...

Csabo I'm confused, is this a plussy game (and you only searched for a c64 tool) or a c64 game?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-23
15:18:43

The game we're working on is for the Plussy. Problem: level editing -> no software for Plussy. So, I looked elsewhere. As long as we had a generic level editor, regardless of the platform, we should be fine. All we need for the levels are the data.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-03-23
15:22:31

Csabo: "I know you know that I know that you know", but here I reiterate the stuff I have linked in here a couple of weeks ago:

here

Me, yeah, I am working on watchpoint support in Yape (at long bloody last). We'll see :-)

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-03-23
16:55:16

i just asked DCD about bomberman a few days ago, he promised nothing - as always - but he told me the ball is on his side now, fixing the ingame bugs.. and once it is ok, i will finish the graphics.. Another thing i've drawn recently a few logo for Skoro's upcoming demo.

Posted By

Csio
on 2010-03-23
18:22:42

Csabo: level editor is here happy
http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/Kikstart_Editor

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2010-03-23
18:29:12

Csabo, have you ever met Tile Studio on PC? I met it some years ago. Its output is scriptable so it can generate any text file from the edited map.

http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-23
18:32:23

United we (usually) win.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-23
19:16:47

TileStudio looks nice, but the levels we need to edit are not restricted to tiles. I'm thinking something that would allow creating arbitrary size tiles to make up larger structures as well as free drawing. I like your thinking though... Believe me, I'd rather use an existing tool than make a new one from scratch.

Gaia, you linked to Cartographer C64, I already mentioned in my post that I looked at that. Both the C64 and the PC versions, they are made by the same guys. The C64 version is feature frozen according to the creators, kind of hard to use and doesn't support levels smaller than 40x24 (we need 28x18). The PC version is even more limited.

Posted By

Ati
on 2010-03-24
01:29:02

Wow! New plus4 stuffs are on horizont. It's good. happy

I'm working on Perfect visions 2. Parts are ready, i have to link its. But i have a problem, 64k isn't enuogh...

Than i want to finish my new (old) game, Starship war. My problem is level editing too... And other problem is linking, and loader system.

Posted By

NinjaDRM
on 2010-03-24
03:15:01

Csabo: Perhaps Cadaver has something? He surely needed something when creating Metal Warrior wink

Maybe this one http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=83726&show=summary#summary ? There should be a ton more, not cross though (they can also be called 'map editors' or sometimes 'tile editors'):

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=74132
(I am sure there was one by X-Ample and Manfred Trenz. Just can't find em )

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-24
09:55:14

Thanks for the suggestions Ninja, I checked them out. The first one is a single JAR file that doesn't run by itself, no other documentation. The second is very fixed in its layout and structure. Seems to be geared for 2x2 tilemaps only.

In general, it's the same old story... everyone starts a project of their own instead of building on something existing. I know it's hard to pick a development platform, etc. Apparently I don't have the answers on how to do this better. I just wish we did this better. Now we just end up with tons of closed source, half-assed or hyper-specialized tools.

Also, while I looked for this stuff, I went through quite a few forums, and none of them mentioned these. Seems like there should be a place for them. CSDb in particular has no love for utilities: just click "C64 Tool", and you get 4000 matches. happy (Ours isn't much better either, but at least the utils are somewhat categorised.)

Finally, it looks like we have some requirements change on our end. We might not need a level editor at all, we'll probably make do with a one-time data converter or something.

Posted By

MikeZ
on 2010-03-24
11:01:24

I'm just finishing with the decompiled version of Austrospeed. It is now running in the sngle drive mode, and I'm tracking down some index problems in the dual drive overlay modes. Austro allows integer variables for loop counters but basic does not. So you have to change variables in the loops and then update the original integer counters at the end of the loop.There are many FOR..NEXT loops with multiple exit points, and it's just a matter of tracking them down so that the integer variables are updated, because the prg uses them in other parts of the code.
The purpose for this project is to have a source file that can be modified. We can change the way Austro works!

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-24
12:33:20

Csio nothing to declare? Sure? Suuuure? wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-24
13:00:51

I think his todo list was: 1) drink beer, 2) take names, 3) kick ass - but he got stuck on the first step. happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-03-24
15:45:12

i'll ping him (csio). Today i called him, but doesn't respond..

Posted By

Csio
on 2010-03-24
19:12:50

Luca, Luca! Twinkleeeee
Do you remember yet?

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-24
19:48:22

Uh... I guessed that compo was finished :O
BUt I was simply pushing you to declare your works, coz, you know, I just knew wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-25
08:45:11

Csabo, the TaME is now under developing, check:
here.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-25
11:15:58

I've seen it. Closed source, does not actually save any data yet. (Otherwise the exe file doesn't even run for me.)

Posted By

Csio
on 2010-03-25
15:21:26

Luca: we do not publish demo just for fun, we excite the target audience before it...

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-26
06:06:00

I would surprisingly invade one of the 8bit democompos with a coordinated attack of Plus/4 demos, one day :D We may decide which one, then BLITZ!

Posted By

Csio
on 2010-03-28
06:41:29

good idea!

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-04-27
14:08:27

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=91073
CartographPC V1.1

Posted By

marquisor
on 2010-04-28
04:51:44

Great stuff Luca! Just checked it out. It's simple but awesome

Posted By

Luca
on 2011-03-02
05:48:43

CharPad V1.7
It's getting damn serious to me...

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2011-03-25
09:02:21

It's almost April again. Is it time for limiTED3 yet?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024