Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-09-05
10:32:37
 Re: Converting .tap to cassette.

Obviously there's a lot of confusion surrounding this issue, but like you said the truth is out there happy

At first I didn't know what TAPWAV was either, it's not directly linked from the above topic, but I found it. You're referring to this C64 program: http://www.luigidifraia.com/c64/index.htm#TAPWAV. There are apparently several other utilities that do the same thing: they take a .TAP program file, and create a .WAV audio file out of it, which should be suitable for recording.

The issue seems to be the .TAP file format. The C64 only supports "wholewave" format, and therefore most of the utilities, including TAPWAV, only support that. The C16/Plus4 can handle "halfwaves" as well, and several .TAP files that we have on the site are in that format.

The solution to this could be using Tap2Wav, a conversion utility that Gaia wrote, and we had it here on the site all along. I chatted with him today, he confirmed that it supports both wholewave and halfwave .TAP files. I suggest give this a try: use Tap2Wav to convert your TAP files and record the resulting WAV to a cassette. It should work happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024