Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-05-11
09:30:09
 Re: TED Music Collection?

...there may be some programs that use TED and SID sound at the same time...

...and they're SID stuff, it does mean they need a SIDcard plugged in, no real native machine sound.
But! Even though at the moment I can't remember anything using linked TED+SID sound, it may be and have to be preserved in some ways, you're right. My suggestion is to keep it as a secret feature embedding SID too, and use for these files another format extension, something like .tes would be kewl.

Let's do a brilliant example: XeO3.
At the moment XeO3 has SID tunes and TED sfx, but separated! Sfx would be included in our collection, music in HVSC (HVSC actually includes older XeO3 music!). Of course, as clearly explained by TLC in the SidWinder V01.23 docs, the same SID data blocks have been packed differently because of different c64/plus4 clock and octaves (so, plus4 SID .prg and c64 SID .prg are really different!). This means that in HVSC my SIDs done for the plus4 stuff have been packed for C64 SID in order to play in the same way of the plus4 ones.
If Mike will have success in put in a frq-converter to play music with TED, that's still SID stuff, which doesn't find access in the TED music collection.
Please, note this important point of view, globally recognized when we talk about these collections: we are not preserving 264 machines'music: we are preserving TED (!) music!. ProjextAY doesn't collect Spectrum music but Spectrum+Amstrad (AY is the YM2149 audio chip); HVSC contains even Crackers'Demo 4 tracks (SID).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024