Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2002-06-12
 Name that game!

http://www.xp64.com/scr/riviste/mostrarivista.php?modo=1&riv=112&page=17

This is a scanned Italian 80'ish magazine released with tape, and this page describes the tapegames.
Now watch the left-down corner: a c16 canoe isometric gaaaameeee?

I'd never seen before..you?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-06-12
 Canoe Slalom

I have seen this game, and used to have it, too... It was called Canoe Slalom or something. Too bad I don't have my old stuff anymore.

Posted By

Luca
on 2002-06-12
 Canoe slalom: no!

"Canoe slalom" just stays in the +4World sorted collection, and it shows to be another stuff. I checked it before writing... wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-12
 Intresting find.

I've got some home work to do because I think this might be the Canoe Slalom (same name) by Tynesoft, released in 1985.

Well spotted Luca! By the way if you haven't spotted them yet Ping Pong and Mansion Adventure 1 have been added here.. I've been meaning to add them to the news and have been busy

Csabo the one we have on the site came with "Spots 4" (Anco) as you stated, the other 3 games are Speed Boat Grand Prix (Im sure Tynesoft did this), European Cup Championship and Thai Boxing.

I'll look into this....

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-12
 Home work 1/2 completed.

Yet to add in the database which will come soon along with it's cover happy
For now I've called it canoe.prg because thats the loading found name on the tape. It's hot off the press so grab it here for now.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-06-13
 Wow!

You da man, Lando! You did it again. And I was right about the name... wink Told ya I remembered it. Cool work, thanks!

Posted By

Luca
on 2002-06-14
 No words

...they're useless talkin'about you, myth-of-a-man!

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-14
 :-)

Yes indeed Csabo you were right happy I was'nt 100% sure and totaly forgot about it because of the Spots 4 version of the same name. I'm just pleased the tape still loads after all this time.

Thanks Luca for pointing it out! I wonder if this was Ian Davison's first every release? He also did Indoor Sports!

Posted By

Luca
on 2002-06-14
 Guess yeph...

...it is partially written in basic yet!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024