Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-05-18
09:26:58
 Re: Traffic Jam

Csabo thanks for your translation work, especially for End of Golden Era 2 chapter: I'd bet my left arm that there would be something to discuss in it.

First of all, I must say I enjoyed Chronos's text so much.

Some clarifications:
- the usage of +4world screenshots in the PaulK's site had never upset me! That's incredible how this legendary wrath's sensation has taken space during the whole flametime: I was obviously kidding, and it had been so evident because PaulK himself quikly LOLled after my answer, of course i would say!
- "...Lando was fed up with Luca, who he said took over the whole scene, and directed it as he wished, including the content of the most important news portal, emucamp..."
Luca has never "directed" this portal, Luca answered to the help request of a very busy Csabo, the scene's production itself decides if something has to be added or not; apart of collecting any release, Luca tried to add more additional stuff, keeping in any time an opened door to any incoming ideas; moreover, Luca has received initially some light guidelines by Csabo (a very recent example: do you see the Traffic Jam 5's 160x100 .gif? I had to change it because in the mags case, we decided to prefer a picture when there's one, instead of the mag's layout itself), and when a new case comes, me and Csabo usually have to talk about that, for example when someone writes self-referring or temporal notes, or when someone does the wrong click and add empty material without notifying somebody who can correct it; this policy has kept this site decently polished and clean in years, and it seems most of you liked it, no? wink
- "...but I think Luca was driven by good intentions..."
ah thanks for your faith in me! happy no, but let imagine Luca driven by evil intentions, a scene saboteur ready to destroy it from the inner core, ahahah! happy
- "...I forgive him too, because I was kind of mad that when we made new releases and I sent them in email, I had to wait days for it to be uploaded. I think the reason was not that he didn't want to put it up... happy"
ah thanks for your kind forgiveness too! happy I never assessed or filtered what you've sent to me, dunno the reason of your words, or maybe I don't remember a particular case at the moment; do I have to be faster more in the uploading? Not satisfied enough of my services? happy

And now, about the content itself.
All the compos, the coopdemos, the releases, my personal effort to learn a bit of assembly and do a very simple demo, the pouet presence, the videos, the heavens and the hell I can't totally remember for how many they had been, have been put in playfield exaclty to move the scene. Me and Ingo talked about this argument since years, and, incredible to say, moved our nobles asses to answer with brutal concreteness to all our theories, releasing stuff. Chronos, you should know this practice came from me since dozen years, you should know because you were the first LogoCompo winner! Year 1998!
So, the dying scene argument has become a big BIG one, and very complicated to be born-and-dead in few sentences, there are so many causes to cite, you would be surprised wink
So, you're suggesting...competitions and cooperations...compos and coops... Mmmm sounds soooo familiar to me, soooo familiar! wink
And, to say one, where were the ppl in the last suggested coops and compos?

We should really have a serious thread apart to discuss this argument. But please lemme suggest one: sceners, release your stuff, and don't deceive yourself about releasing the ultimate demo at every release! (And that's because I appreciated the BusoMan Party Demo release, for example...).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024