Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

PARALAX
on 2007-05-17
21:16:43
 Bridgehead vs. CryEngine2

What does these games having in common together (expect the little and inconsiderable graphical difference)? Just let play your minds.:D

http://plus4world.com/dl/screenshots/b/bridgehead_c16_main.gif

http://img2.zol.com.cn/product/5_450x337/374/ceOcJQDpi2b36.jpg
http://www.2dayblog.com/images/new_crysis_8.jpg

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-05-17
23:45:08
 Re: Bridgehead vs. CryEngine2

Well, let's see... Both have
- guns
- soldiers
- trees

These games are practically identical twins! happy

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-18
03:19:52

Yeah, the palm trees are similar happy

Plus, they are both made in Germany (at least parts). Though, I'd rather say that about Tetris happy I prefer "constructive" games (oops, I'll never let collapse lines of blocks in Tetris again wink ).

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2007-05-18
06:00:12

Both developed by the Yerli brothers I take it?

Posted By

PARALAX
on 2007-05-18
16:27:43

Yeah, the're made in Germany. A point that I didn't remember when I start this thread. happy

But the german version was called "Alien Invasion", developed by Kingsoft and it was a bit different with the sprite charakters (looks like walking storks).wink

I'm also from Germany and I saw the last "Crysis" Trailer last year on the "Games Convention" in Leipzig, presented by one of the Yerli-Brothers. But as much as I was surprised, it's based every time on the same genesis. And sometimes (if I'm bored) I think about very crazy thinks like: What would be happened when such kind of graphic power would be peresented 20 years ago on a C16 or Plus/4?

I think that would become the denotation "Alien Invasion" a full new and historical significance. wink

Greetings from Cologne.

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-18
17:40:06

I remember this "Alien Invasion"-Pattern was a very common practice at that time. If a game was about killing humans, it was put on a blacklist by the rating organisation very quickly - to save our youth from violence and false values. A game on a blacklist could not be advertised or sold. Because thats bad for business, humans became aliens, blood turned purple or green and other silly things...

I think that happened to all the Legionaire-Games. Hm. Did this happen to other +4-games?

(I remember "Rocketeer" on Amiga was crippled in this manner to an unbelievable extent. The Rocketeer fights against against the evil Nazi-Regime, so while playing this game you had to kill a lot of people and there were swastikas all around. Some guy within the rating organisation found this not suitable for our younglings so all of this (more than the half of the games graphics) had to be changed.)

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2007-05-18
18:35:01

Does anyone know if 'Space Invasion' (the 'censored' version of Commando) was actually released for the C16?

Then again, from the look of Commando C16, they probably didn't need to change it...

Posted By

PARALAX
on 2007-05-20
19:29:34

I can't believe that such games as "Bridgehead" was on the blacklist with such graphics. At this time graphics looks so simple that you could imaginate other thinks than just humans even with the fact that they are no really sprites, just text graphics. Our children nowadays may even not identify that such "pixel mush" are humans. I think with "film realistic render graphics" like today the danger is much more higher than in the past. Germany is one of the few countries having very hard rules for such games. But does this really preventing things ilke in Erfurt?

Posted By

Sidius
on 2007-05-21
01:05:20

@Ulysses777:

I had also already thought once about the possibility, that Space Invasion could exist for the C16/+4...

I had only recently got a version of the 4in1 Hit-Pak (but the C64/C128-Version), with Space Invasion instead of Commando on the tape / cover !

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024