Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-08
18:13:00
 YAPE 0.74 - Get it!

Even if it's on the front page already, I have to support this one happy

In my opinion the very best thing about this release is a small but very cool feature: "Adjustable interlaced line shade in double sized VDU emulation mode."

With...
InterlacedLineShade=20
... I get SO much closer to what my plus/4 looked when hookled up to a 1802 back then than anything before.

No need to use that old "custom made for me" black scanline version anymore wink

Thanks Gaia happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-05-08
18:18:17
 Re: YAPE 0.74 - Get it!

We loved Breakpoints.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-08
18:21:04

Nahh... AILSIDSVEM is much cooler and better and asskickin'er and cooler and better... wink

Plus, what do you need breakpoints for? What happened to your strike? wink

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-09
04:24:58

Yay! Breakpoints! happy

Posted By

DCD
on 2007-05-09
06:26:30

gaia, you are reading my mind! i just wanted to ask for this feature.

can you improve it a bit further?

i'd love to see another type of breakpoint: "opcode breakpoint", where i can define an opcode (usually an unused illegal opcode), where yape'd break everytime it tries to execute that opcode. it could be a more flexible way of debuging, like i suspect a bug, place that opcode before it, compile+run+debug, modify the source, recompile+rerun+redebug all over.
by modifying the source, the location of the breakpoint can change, but i don't have to care about the new address, since i have placed that opcode there. (i hope i made myself clear)

oh yeah, another item from my wishlist is: "data breakpoint", so yape'd break whenever read/write occurs in a range of memory

and all of them from command line, too, please!!

thanks!!!

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-05-09
07:00:24

In this version, something weird happens, if you are in bitmap mode, and you press ALT+M in order to use the monitor to change $FF15:
>FF15 xx -> works
>FF15 xx yy -> (to change FF16 too) produces vertical lines in background colour

Posted By

SVS
on 2007-05-09
08:11:46

@gaia:
2 wishes for my everyday use, please:

a) separate folders memorization for [F8]/shft[F8], and for Attach-D64 [ALT-D] (it is very annoyin' for me to have to navigate PC tree in order to set them everytime one changes);
b) set inside YAPE.INI a line with the D64 autoload image;

c) Thanx !!!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-05-09
08:28:46

Guys, cheers for the ideas! Let's have a look:

Watchpoints: this would require a partial rewrite (at the moment it is using a direct RAM/ROM pointer that speeds up things a lot, whenever possible). Implementing this would slow things down a little... is that a problem? I must admit I agree that watchpoints are a MUST...

Breakpoint opcode: that's an excellent idea. I think one of the crash opcodes could be used for this together with an "advanced" setting that enables those traps. How about $F2?

SVS: I guess you mean the 1551/IEC emulation? Attaching a D64 is possible from the command line already (/DISK8:filename.d64) and if you're creating a shortcut (.LNK file) with it it's the same.

Luca: thanks for the bug report I'll have a look tonight.

Posted By

SVS
on 2007-05-09
10:51:58

>>SVS: I guess you mean the 1551/IEC emulation? Attaching a D64 is possible from the command line already (/DISK8:filename.d64) and if you're creating a shortcut (.LNK file) with it it's the same.

No, I mean the direct emulator loading [F8]. Now the path is remembered by Yape (I suppose by INI file), but when I use ALT-D it prompts the same so that I have to navigate till the D64 location. Unfortunately this location is then saved so that if I use F8 once again system prompts the wrong location (that one the D64 came from).

Regarding the D64 autostart, I knew that it is possible by command line, but it should be more confortable to set it by GUI, expecially if one has long paths.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2007-05-09
12:48:37

SVS: You mean for YAPE to remember where the .d64 came from, seperate from where the .prg files are found?

ie: c:\yape\d64images\ seperately remembered from c:\yape\prgfiles\, within YAPE executable. I use the directory structure to illustrate the question.

Posted By

PARALAX
on 2007-05-09
19:07:18

I want to congratulate Attila to another great release to the worldwide best C16 Plus/4 Emulators ever.

After I did having some time to compare some features from Version 0.73 with my real Plus/4 I noted, that the sound still seems to be a bit different in the tone pitch. It seems to be sounding a bit lower or higher (I forgot whether it was). You hear it only if you run the Original exactly at the same time like the emulator. wink

Maybe a really small "To do" thing

However the sound alltogether is great and normally you will not note any difference to the original.

Another "To do" thing (the most important for me) would be full configurable 2 Joystick support for 2 Players simultary (with key konfigurator for 2 Player).

As I only have one Joystick, it would be nice, if another Player could play Summer events with his configurated keys on keyboard while Player 1 is playing with a real Joypad.

Good luck for further releases.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-09
19:20:11

Maybe another bug?

Metapharstic crashed with a "CPUjam message at $0076" (and the second time at $0077) after the FLI DYCP part.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-09
19:21:06

http://plus4world.com/software/Metapharstic_80

Sorry, I messed up the link in the posting above.

Metpharstic_80

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-09
19:22:21

Dammit... I should really start to preview my stuff. It's late, sorry. But the link shows you which one I mean.

G'nite!

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-09
20:08:05

Once again wink

Gaia, there's also something wrong with digi play back on TED. There's some kind of high pitched noise added. YAPE 0.73 "sounds" much cleaner, so I'm sure it's a bug.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-09
20:23:41

I just checked Metapharstic_80 in YAPE 0.73, it crashes there to with a CPUjam at $0076, so maybe it's the demo?!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2007-07-31
05:31:45

Hi everyone!

I think there went something wrong in YAPE 0.74 and 0.75, because the first part (that jumpy circle) of Chaos/Abs+Wls displayed quite strangely. There is a verical line going through the screen in the middle of the circle and its sides are displayed wrong too. YAPE 0.73 does not have this error. Could anyone please confirm it?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-07-31
06:30:32

That's a regression bug, the next release will fix it.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-07-31
06:59:42

Did you try my emulator ? Although I will release a new version very soon, 1.2.0 should already be quite good, and it does run Chaos correctly. Metapharstic 80% does crash at the same place, however, so perhaps there is really a bug in the demo.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-07-31
07:02:56

Of course, I mean the Chaos demo, not the game which was linked in instead for some reason.

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2007-08-01
06:38:06

To IstvanV:

No i didn't. I'm damn lazy.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-08-02
09:31:02

Well, YAPE 0.76 does seem to be already released, and it fixes the Chaos bug. I do not know if it also fixes the colors in the "eagle" part, though, since I did not try running it natively under Windows yet, which is required for enabling the video display emulation.

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-08-11
16:18:35

Indeed, the colors are wrong even with PAL emulation. It should have the burst signal added to the video output, at least I emulate it that way, and it seems to be consistent with the real machine. By the way, I did already implement watchpoints, separately remembered directories, and fully configurable joystick/keyboard layout.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024