Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-05-08
03:10:31
 [SceneCon2007] who-what-why-which and other pretty nice stuff with "w"

As we just discussed before, SceneCon2007 will take place in Budapest (in the northern side of Pest, if I spotted it right) in June the 16th and 17th, and we all are alluding to our participations since weeks, but in obscure manners.
After the pretty kewl limiTED warm up, I think it's time to place our honourable asses on the grid line, and motivate each other revealing our real personal intentions about going to the party, boozing at the party, showing stuff at the party, avoiding the party like it would be rotten death.

We don't need all your card flipped on table, we only need to know if you call and how much will you bet on it, in order to spread motivation all around. One fact is for sure: apart all the event's coolness, which doesn't need to be introduced, SceneCon2007 would be a rare occasion to meet a big slice of your past youthness, then all the rest. And I think nobody with a pulsating heart could refuse that (apart of ppl who will have a new pulsating heart in family in that period wink ).

Ok, let's start to give a positive example. About me: I have some problems with my job in that perios, hence at the moment dunno yet if I can, but i would for sure. Regardless about that, I'm trying to code, hoping I'll have it read for that time, a liiiiiiittle stuff, based on what I'm able to do (appreciate the effort!): if finished, it will be presented anyway.
And now it's up to you: reveal your intentions, spread the voice, have fun.

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-08
03:18:48
 Re: [SceneCon2007] who-what-why-which and other pretty nice stuff with "w"

Ok, flipping my cards:

I definetly will be there. I think there is only few chances from stopping me. I didn't buy the ticket for the plane, but thats a minor issue.

When i'm there, i will have something to show around. And maybe, maybe, maybe there will be a demo - but i have to admit that i'm highly unsure at the moment. It might get hard to get something finished until scenecon but i'll try my very best. (If i now for sure, i'm going to post it here)

My personal opinion is that it'd be nice if there would be at least some +4 releases wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-05-08
09:57:34

My plans: show up, shake hands, grin like an idiot (in that order). Unfortunately no release is planned from LOD.

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-05-08
10:01:34

Csabo: no. Really? :O No. Can't believe it.
...really?
No, can't b...
Really?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-05-08
10:26:53

What's so surprising about grinning? I grin a lot. See, I'm grinning now. Okay, you don't see, but trust me, I'm grinning.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-08
10:59:29

Csabo...

Didn't you say you were going to Italy this summer? Don't grin there, trust me happy Been there, done that... Italian police will surely arrest you: "You have funny face! Come with us." (My teacher stopped them from doing so, though.) I guess they are just not used to plus/4 users who can grin without being doped happy Which makes me wonder if Luca sits in front of his monitor all the time :D

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-05-08
12:00:32

Yeah, I am. I'll be there on vacation for 3 weeks this year (and I will take a mini vacation from there to Hungary for the party). Thanks for the good info, I'll keep the grinning to a minimum while there wink

Posted By

SVS
on 2007-05-08
12:21:38

[w]hen

happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-05-08
12:51:04

SVS: "when" is the only datum we just know, of course, you got the boobytrap! wink

Ok, announcement: if Csabo TRULY won't release anything after he'd played along our hopes, I declare here and now Coding Strike! I just closed my +4IDE and YAPE with Logo Editor V2.0, and without saving. I won't release anything too for SceneCon, also because Poison/SGR just announced Arok Party 2007 so probably we could release there something. wink

I Invite all of you to do the same, let's prepare banners and flags instead! Dr. Death will you join my party? Crossing my arms right now: co-ding-strike! co-ding-strike! co-ding-strike! happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-08
12:55:53

CA-NA-DA! CHA CHA CHA! CA-NA-DA! CHA CHA CHA!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-05-08
14:58:05

I will be there, maybe with a gfx. Absence WILL not release demo on SceneCon (maybe at Arok). So, i'll booze and talk with our SUBCULTURE. My soulmates csio and dcd tells possibly not coming it will be sad, but forgivable. Both guy promised to come to Arok 2007..

hey, if your demo needs graphic and its the only cause not to release it, contact me asap happy

Wut?

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-05-09
08:04:26

Ok guys, now seriously talking.
SceneCon will be a great party, we'll eventually meet each other, we'll have fun, and in a rare occasion finally I'll meet Csabo too (not to hide the latter is a powerful thrust to be there).
What surprised me and, for example, Ingo, is this: the general sensation drives me to understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that hungarian sceners prefer to release their stuff at Arok instead, maybe because it looks closer to the +4 audience, being a virgin territory no more.

Personally, I really would make of SceneCon2007 _THE_ +4 party in 2007: it's bigger, it's in the capital city (easy to reach for all the hungarians), it's...ok you got the idea. Dunno if you would second me, but I prefer to release my prods where my mates intend to release their own too. Unfortunately, the lack of posting in this thread makes me think that wouldn't happen
Don't misconstrue my thoughts: I think I would have fun at a party with or without releases. But for me would be difficult to effort two trips in Hungary, one for the fun, the other for the fun and the releases.

My enthusiasm for SceneCon won't quench cause of this, and my words don't point fingers at any direct target (Csabo, your great 6fx made a dent in your spare time wink ), but I must admit I'm in troubles a bit more than before, about deciding what to do now...

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-09
08:18:02

Hi!

To me it looks like this: My gusto is ofcourse more towards Arok, because it is a dedicated 8-Bit party, it evolved to be the annual +4-party, it evolved to become my "home-party". But i can only afford one trip to hungary (spare time is the big problem). Since there is the rare occasion to meet Csabo, i have to decide:

I made up my mind that this year i'm going to SceneCon. I'm going to see other Arok-People i know and like anyway (Poison, Charlie, Blala, etc... i missed all of them because i didn't go to BP07) but i will also be able to meet Csabo.

I'm going to miss some part of the action anyway. If most +4-ppl will go to Arok or have their releases there: so it be.

Posted By

Ati
on 2007-05-09
14:28:26

I will be on Árok party, because it is 8-bit party. Better feeling! happy Maybe i will show a work version of my new lamer game...

Posted By

Rachy
on 2007-05-10
01:35:34

I will be on both, hopefully. My plan: having beers... wink
(And maybe, maybe something to release... But hush!)

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-14
04:33:49

Normally i don't like these kind of announcements, but i'm a bit euphoric about some certain achieved results, so:

The probability of me having a demo finished for SceneCon07 made a big jump to ABOUT 60% yesterday!

Sadly, this thread is very silent. How about the others?

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-05-14
07:25:52

That's terrible, this thread should solve all my doubts, nonetheless at the moment doubts increased, and time to get cheaper tickets and to synchronize events with job is ticking out.

Posted By

edhellon
on 2007-05-30
06:45:44

I just reserved the plane tickets yesterday, so 99% that I'll be there (unless some vis maior is happens... ) Anyone knows if Nuke will be there?

Luca, don't hesitate anymore, just come. happy It'd be time to finally meet, dontchathink? happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-30
06:52:58

I also reserved my tickets yesterday. But i think i need a place to stay from Sunday to Monday. Can somebody help me with this?

Posted By

Csio
on 2007-05-31
17:14:41

Hey, Doc!

iF you have time to travel with Krona and me to Baja and Mohacs and look around for sunday to monday and watch some interesting hungarian tradition (like how to code when you are an absence member) then you are wellllllcome!!!

Posted By

Csio
on 2007-05-31
17:19:10

Luca!
i've got a personal gift for ya, ofkoooz i wanna give ya on scenecon..............so

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-06-01
11:27:14

Hi Ciso!

Thanks for the offer. My main concern is: I have to be at 12:00 o'clock at Budapest Terminal 1 on Monday. I guess i won't have much time to do sightseeing - though i would love to do that.

Anyway: The probability for me releasing a demo at Scenecon raised to 90% yesterday! wink

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-08
15:41:16

probably my plus4 will be the compo machine on the party happy with a synergy sid card and a 1541-2 so be prepared happy

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-06-09
05:37:23

Hi,

If you would like to stay with us in Budapest of course, you can. However we have a 1 year old boy happy We are quite close to the airport, so I can take you there.

Posted By

Csio
on 2007-06-09
11:04:12

okay, Lako!
thanx the invitation and wait for us!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-09
11:47:07

check the weather: http://www.idojaras.hu/index.php
it will be hooot!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-06-10
14:24:21

The party place has recently got a face lift so I do hope they took care of the "overheating" problems (=there is airco) happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-14
07:00:09

Ok I fought till now to be there and I failed at last. Sorry guys, all the conditions turned bad, I would be there though many of those are quite negative, but I can't if they're ALL negative!
Now I will try my best to finish my stuff and send it to Murphy or someone else before the party beginning. I really would be there...

Posted By

Rachy
on 2007-06-14
10:50:30

That is too bad Luca! How about Arok?

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-14
13:59:42

Arok would be a nice alternative, but atm my trouble is finishing my stuff, and that's not a sure case

Posted By

bubis
on 2007-06-15
04:41:00

Sorry guys, I can not go to the party.

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-15
04:42:02

Demoscene.tv will broadcast the whole event! That's the final kick in the ass to me, I would be there!!
Check the timetable!

Posted By

Rachy
on 2007-06-15
10:13:25

No problem Luca, we will wave our hands for you... happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-06-15
11:06:09

Ah, crap man Luca! Now I'm going to have to kill you! We (Gaia and I) are in Budapest, at an internet cafe. I could have gone down to Firenze and bust you out from work!

bubis I will miss you too, damn. I really hope the rest of you are coming!

Posted By

Ati
on 2007-06-15
12:00:01

On evening i will be there with W-man. happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-15
13:01:07

Believe me, I tried the possible and the impossible too to be here, but at the moment I'm testing my demo on the real iron, you will feel my presence anyway.
Now I'm going out to but chips and beer, saturday night I'll glue my eyes to the live broadcast!! happy

OMG! The music is in for 2 bytes only!

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-06-15
20:10:17

was just preparing my trip, having Luca's and my demo with me! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-16
21:15:34

Weeeeee! Congrats to all, especially to 8bit democompo participants!!

::scenecon2007::8bit demo competition::
1.notizen aus der provinz/tek
2.adventures in mono/ace (crown+pigmy+gaia helped too!)
3.thalassa/fire (with 0 votes, boooh!)

The 8bit compo became a plus/4 compo, of course!
A message to al the ppl who tried to be into the competition but got no time till the deadline: IF NOT SCENECON THEN AROK!

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-06-17
06:34:03

No votes ??? I voted for it !
My vote: 3 points of 5.

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-06-17
06:34:29

and of course, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-17
07:22:41

I!m just awakened now, and the first thing was to come to this topic... Luca! Your demo was cool, i really enjoyed the graphics, and i voted for it too, so the rows which showed the results was weird.. Theres is one thing to notice: your music was loud (or the party sound system..) and disturbed some of the viewers thats why the low score i think. Tek's demo was outstanding as usual nowadays.. happy

I would like to thank to the really fast bugfix for pigmy,crown and gaia.. in a few days we put out the fixed version with infos.. csio said to me, "i don't wanna code for a while now, im shocked with the last two weeks rush.." happy but it was his idea, to make something.. hehe..

and again: thx for all the organizers, the participants and everybody for the great party!

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-17
09:08:44

Well if the sound system at the party had been set so high, certainly I pay the highest, because you used SID and Ingo's TED music is based on drums mostly (in the last case, a loud volume is an advantage with TED!). Anyway, the sound issue is a classic, me and Ingo remember the disgusted reactions at Arok Party, every year the same the same same same same, unregarding the machine's specs. Probably they all would be disturbed in every non-SID non-PC non-Amiga case, and that's a different behaviour compared to other european parties (Germany and Finland especially), where the use of machine's specific features is considered a point of honour happy
Pouet teaches to us there are demos on Intellivision and TI-8x too, probably in these parties ppl wouldn't vote'em because of uncool sound wink

Ok, time to upload this stuff...

Posted By

Ati
on 2007-06-17
09:18:18

The party was very great! Congratulations for all plus4 demos. I'd like see party fotos!

Posted By

TLC
on 2007-06-17
11:11:38

It was nice to meet you all, I was happy to have had the chance to talk with you guys. Hope we can meet again sometime in the future.

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-06-17
11:53:39

Chronos and Csio ! Plz upload the pictures somewhere and send the link AZONNAL !!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-17
13:17:24

föntvan!!! i've uploaded it to our page, you can browse from the photo section!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-06-17
14:02:58
 Re: Voting

The party was totally awesome, chance of a lifetime for me, I was very happy to meet all you guys. Our scene is fully of smart, cool, friendly people, it's an awesome feeling to be among you.

Just a quick comment regarding voting: they showed the bars like 0% for the 3rd place, about 33% for the second place and 100% for the 1st place. This "percentage", the length of the bars mean nothing. It was like that for all the other compos that had 3 entries. I voted good or awesome for all products shown, big respects to the coders happy

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-06-17
14:15:06

Luca!
http://lacoste42.freeweb.hu/

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-17
14:16:45

LMAO! happy
But you just killed Rachy! :-)

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-17
14:46:37

Ok, Adventures in Mono has to be fixed, and I think we don't have to insert the partyversion as "partyversion", because that's not a non complete one, but a non working one on real iron. If you wanna see the great new demo by Absence ask to the authors, they will offer you the YAPE only version.
So, waiting for the final one...

Oh, btw, final ranking!

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-06-17
15:57:58

Another funny title:
http://lacoste42.freeweb.hu/index2.htm

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-17
16:08:20

Ah! Intensity has to watch that, I'm going to alert him.

Posted By

Rachy
on 2007-06-18
03:41:28

Heeey! wink

Posted By

bubis
on 2007-06-18
03:42:04

Congratulations Degauss! Very nice pure Plus/4 stuff!
And Luca has shown his secret talents finally! happy

Thank you all!

Hey, but where is the Absence release?!?

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-18
04:39:23

Thanks! wink
You can read above, and in th news section, the reasons why Absence's demo has not released yet. On pouet, somebody should have uploaded the nonworking version

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-06-18
08:22:53

The party version (that only worked in emulators) accidentally writes to the ACIA registers that causes crash on a plus/4 but probably works fine on an expanded C16. This was fixed on the party already, a 2 byte fix actually.

BTW, it was a very cool party with lots of (also cool) plus/4 people around happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-06-18
08:59:02

That was a remarkable party. So many +4-guys and a +4-only competition! (Come on: three high fidelity releases on one day, our scene rocks!). Thank all you guys for the good time!

I have to note that blala was so kind to guide me to the correct railway-station. The trip back was quite hard again - though i was quite sober then, i was very very tired and i was afraid that i might fall asleep and miss the train.

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-18
09:21:27

Unfortunately, that means pasy just uploaded the emu working only version on pouet. Of course, this is not a deadli hi, but I would prefer a moderate behaviour to preserve from fake and...oh dear said that so many times, maybe is only a hobbyhorse of mine...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-06-18
09:28:43

As I said it is most likely NOT emu only but rather expanded-C16-only version.

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-18
09:46:08

Really? Then I'm going to add it too!

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-18
11:11:30

Ok, added, a screenshots gallery will follow when the final version will be released.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-18
12:49:18

csio has posted the fixed version to me and i've tested a few minutes ago on real iron and everything is ok. so, please be patient, i will make a note file and the directory and post it to commodore plus4 world.. this night happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-18
15:36:51

Ok, Intensity, author of your demo's tune, just declared to be so happy and proud about Barnabas'dance he could dance too!! happy

From Pouet's comments:

Hey Chronos & CSI !
Luca told me to comment here and said you wanted to contact me. Congrats for the 2nd place, mates! :D And thanks for using my SID, thats truely an honour! :)
If you still want to contact me, send me an email to arman_behdad@web.de and use the topic "BABY C64 DANCE!" :D
Greetings to Lacoste also! Sweet baby you have :D
Arman Behdad

Posted By

Lavina
on 2007-06-18
16:15:06

Gee guys! Just returned home from Brussels, I'm watching the releases. Congratulations for all the contestants! I am really sorry that I was not be able to be present. Anyway, I'm happy with the new stuff You put out!!!

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-18
16:26:55

Thanks Lavina!
And a little reminder:
IF TIME$<>"SCENECON" THEN GOTO "AROK"

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-18
16:54:48

adventures in mono final is out!

Posted By

Rachy
on 2007-06-19
03:23:47

Nice work dudez, really. I got in the mood of releasing something on Arok. (Unreal?! wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-19
03:56:03

Ooooh! Great decision at last, that's the spirit! wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-19
03:56:04

Need to be clear about this...
Csio wrote in the Adventures in Mono info file:
"SO LUCA, NO WE DONT USED ANY TCFS PROGRAM, NOR CINEMASTER OR WHATEWER. I PERSONALLY NEVER USED THIS STUFF.."

Just to not appear more lame than I am: I said this while watching the demo at the party via streaming, and streaming video+yape usage blurred the whole screen. Nonetheless, I was in doubt 'coz I guess it was made as an hybrid between charanim (like Cinemaster and vidcorder (like Algotech's demos on C64).

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-20
14:45:47

ok, it was a quick response, nothing serious.. peace happy

for those who need it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hM9htm_u6s

happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-06-20
15:00:35

Added!
Also, the baby dance mania seems to explode on C64 scene, here.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-06-20
15:13:15

lacoste's virus marketing is an outstanding success!

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-06-20
16:14:17

It is unbelivable! I tried it with Luca's TED demo, but Barnus didn't move a bit ! happy

Ok, it was a joke, I never tried it ! happy

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-07-17
09:49:16

Click the "a videó ablak megnyitása" link and see the TEK demo and Csabo/LOD

http://www.levelup.hu/video.php?todo=details&vid=144

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-07-17
10:56:23

Cool link, Lacoste. Gargaj has a huge talking-role, i wonder what he was talking about... wink

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-07-17
16:25:30

And where is that other release? That MFLI pic from Jedi? Or did I misunderstand something (could be wink )...?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-07-17
16:26:33

Oh how stupid this is the wrong topic... I'm so tired (yawn). Also, the moment I have linked his name in, it appeared... :-D Very nice, too. Keep up the good work. How come noone has cited it so far?

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-07-18
12:59:51

I'm really interested what all that talking in the video is about. I guess most of it is bla-bla but if there is something remarkable, could anyone give a brief summary in english?

Posted By

JaB-En
on 2007-07-18
18:48:55

So, video is mainly about:

- the Hungarian demoscene community
- what are the most common hardware to develop on, what are the less common ones?
- some connection between demoscene and game development
- what are the most transparent connections between demoscene and popular electric music?

The older video is about:

- How to get in the demoscene in Hungary
- Console room at the SceneCon 2007 Party
- Origins of the demoscene

If you are interested, we could make subtitle to the video. Also there are some interviews from the Game Developers Forum, held in Budapest, in May (LU106), and a reportage about a Hungarian Developer team working on a racing MMO, plus some info about Sudoku games (LU108)

Best regars:

JaB-En
level up editor

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-07-20
01:09:00

Hi JaB-En!

Thanks for your reply. (Was that you who led the interviews? If so, i remember seeing you at SceneCon). And thank you for the subtitling-offer, but please consider that your effort would be probably only for me (I wouldn't feel to well if you were translating this just for me... wink )

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024