Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

indi
on 2007-04-14
03:57:25
 Vista....

Anyone here using Vista? I was thinking of doing a vista sidebar gadget that does a Plus4 chat...kinda like IRC, but only for Plus4, right in the side bar. But its only worth it if theres a few folk using vista!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-04-15
13:01:11
 Re: Vista....

Apparently, not many people wink I am for one not using it either. While you're at it, could you check if Yape's running with adequate speed as I got reports from someone on whose Vista PC it was very sluggish. Cheers happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2007-04-15
13:21:36

I'm using Vista... but a Vista chat gadget wouldn't be practical for me. I'm 5 hours behind GMT, and always seem to miss everyone.

Hey Gaia -- I'm on YAPE 0.70 and whenever I fire it up on Vista, it tries to go full-screen and really mucks up the display. Hitting Alt-Enter puts YAPE where it belongs, in a window... but Vista insists on starting it full-screen and I can't change it. Is this a bug or do I need to hunt down some registry settings?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-04-15
13:34:01

James: look into the yape.ini file if the line 'StartInFullScreen' has a value of zero... if not, set it to zero. Otherwise I have no idea. Is the speed acceptable?

Posted By

indi
on 2007-04-15
13:47:41

unless its just the latest version, I've used Yape on vista before with no probs - but I'll try again when I get the chance.

And yeah....I noticed I was the only one....typical happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2007-04-15
17:37:10

Mike, I'm two or three versions behind on YAPE. That's why I asked, because if it's already fixed then I could just download the most recent and be done with the problem.

YAPE worked fine on Beta 2 and RC1 other than what I reported to Gaia previously. I didn't have this problem til I installed Vista Final Release.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2007-04-15
17:39:18

Gaia: 'StartInFullScreen' was set to 1. Setting it to zero did the trick. Thanks!

Posted By

Crown
on 2007-04-16
14:47:06

I use Vista, but just for dev target purposes both 64 and 32 bit. My primary desktop will stay XP for at least half a year or more.

If you look at app support and Vista, it is pretty clear that MS should have given more time for the app and driver developers beetween RTM and actual release... Vista changed so many things, we discover new issues with Vista which we have to work around every day. It will take some time till all important applications get to the point where they are _fully_ Vista compatible....

Posted By

JamesC
on 2007-04-16
16:58:18

Gaia: I usually keep the speed locked to 100%, and it's having no trouble with that. I've just kicked it up to "No Limit" on processor speed, and "Monitor" for frame rate, and I see the speed bouncing around from 658% to 723% at 59-60fps for NTSC, and 611-675% for PAL.

Crown: How long would you expect MS to allow for drivers? I upgraded to RC1 in August 2006, it took Lexmark until the end of March 2007 to release a driver for my not-quite-2-year-old printer. I'm still waiting for a printer driver for my Lexmark scan/copy/print unit that's only a year old. (Under the beta versions of Vista, my printer worked fine with XP drivers.... still, August to January is 5 months without ANY printer!)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024