Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Crown
on 2007-02-28
14:05:40
 XU1541

Just a heads up that there is a new USB based cable called the xu1541 cable to connect your CBM drives to the PC via USB.

http://www.harbaum.org/till/xu1541/index.shtml

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-02-28
16:25:12
 Re: XU1541

It's so cool... actually it should have happened like 3 years ago already. But better later than never. I wonder if Joe is going to make such devices?

Posted By

TLC
on 2007-03-01
05:28:02
 Re: XU1541

Yea, the subject has been circulating around the opencbm-devel list in the last two months. AFAIK Till has produced the first batch of boards and sent out to developers/testers, and the firmware of the device is also under a pretty rapid development. It's nice to know that the design and the firmware is opensource, so anyone (with the required skills of course) can reproduce it. It's also interesting to note that the design is based on a regular, cheap, easily available Atmel microcontroller (no need for more expensive and less likely available special microcontrollers with embedded USB).... the USB communication is implemented in software... Very nice job, actually.

I'm sure Joe will offer these in his x1541-shop... I'm actuall less concerned about the current standing of OpenCBM (the supposed software support on the PC side), which looks like a bit obscure for me at the moment... at least for regular installation and use.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024