Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Graham
on 2007-02-25
16:11:58
 TEK wins demo competition at Oxyron Party

Hi there,

just wanted to announce that the winner of the demo competition at the 15 Years Oxyron Party is a Plus/4 demo: Zenith of Puberty by TEK.

Check it out, it is contained in the party stuff D64:

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/download.php?id=57229

Laters.

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-02-25
16:19:21
 Re: TEK wins demo competition at Oxyron Party

Hi Graham! The stuff was just in, when you sent the precious info wink

Posted By

Bionic
on 2007-02-25
17:05:24

Great, congrats!

Maybe I should have attended anyways happy Unfortunately an 8h train ride plus officially "no time" due to writing my thesis were not that appealing. (Plus I am sick.. ) Nah, I guess 16 years oxyren is also a reason for a party happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-02-25
17:18:55

TEK rulez! Awesome demo. I just love the music too, it's totally demo-style, incredible stuff. Come on bubis, Murphy, all the hardcore coders, where's your reply? More like this please happy

Posted By

DCD
on 2007-02-26
04:59:24

i luv that tek style!!

Posted By

Jakec
on 2007-02-26
07:14:51

Woooow!!!!! Great job!!!!! happy

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-02-26
09:37:05

Only 0.2 point and got the 1st place on top-list !
Congrats !!!

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-02-26
17:54:35

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the replies! The party was big fun - as big fun as watching a plus/4-demo via beamer wink Since time was running out, there are many glitches in the demo. the ugliest of those isn't a technichal glitch: i'm sending greetings to plush twice (!) but forgot to greet several others (like synergy)... uäh!

p.s.: The thing is now on pouet too: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=29961

Posted By

Lavina
on 2007-02-27
11:20:18

very nice job. Grats!

Posted By

Bionic
on 2007-02-27
16:01:03

Thats what I get for skipping that party i guess .. happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-02-27
17:05:38

@Bionic: It looks to me as if this party was a "test" and there is going to be a follow up. This is only my speculation, but it would be a great thing. The party was very cozy. (And as for the greetings: I always seem to forget somebody... sorry!)

Posted By

Yazoo^OXY
on 2007-02-27
22:33:45

congrats for winning the compo wink i really love that demo. too bad i don't have a plus/4 at home, so i had to watch it again with yape. but that works fine so far.

so... are we going to organize another party? hehe i can't tell yet for 100%.
but chances are good. the party was small (75 ppl were counted during the competitions) but had "high quality attenders" and it was a very friendly atmosphere. no idiots were destroying anything - and even the toilets were looking fine after the party was over. i really enjoyed seeing 5 different platforms in the mixed demo compo.
thanks to all attenders btw.

in maybe 2 weeks we are going to have a small organizer-meeting to talk about the party and if we are going to organize another one. but yes, speaking for myself... i want to do it. hope to see some of ya there.

@dr. death... hope you enjoy that oxyron coffee-mug. you are still one of the only 2 sceners worldwide that own one - excepft for some of the organizers. may your coffee always taste well :D

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-02-28
11:11:22

@yazoo: i will clear out a room in my flat for a holy shrine where i put the coffee-mug wink

sorry if i gone too far when i said it looks theres going to be a follow up - but the party was organized too good to get a different impression (24h free coffee!)

Posted By

Chronos
on 2007-02-28
12:52:07

Congratulations! Great Product!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-02-28
16:26:41

Wonderful product, thumbs up for Ingo for this, the music was a real surprise for me. I always knew you were a good coder but not that you are so proficient with two channel square waves, too happy

Posted By

TLC
on 2007-03-01
05:11:45

Very nice demo and sounds, congrats man! happy

Posted By

Csio
on 2007-03-01
09:23:56

DEATHly code! happy
Strongly recommend to follow this!

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2007-03-02
16:28:59

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!
TEK got the pole position on Top List !

Posted By

Bionic
on 2007-03-02
18:27:19

Now even with 0.1 points lead..

Posted By

Jakec
on 2007-03-05
03:10:02

It's HORRIBLE!!! happy happy happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-03-05
15:03:34

Sure this is correct? wink (Personally, i think Monopsy2 is way better, but i can only influence the Top-List by voting Z.o.P. down - and i think i won't do this wink )

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-07
14:42:55

Just had to push this one happy

Love the music, especially the drum fx are among the best I have heard on TED so far.

But I noticed that the "logo blend in" at the start gets messed up by reverse chars, doesn't it? It's still an awesome production happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-07
16:05:22

messed up!? hm, don't think so. what do you mean?

no, there is another funny bug: i copy the music-data in a lower memory area but it reaches into $0800 and gets broken by the logo-fades. thats why still some music plays after the demo ended.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-07
16:20:12

I mean this (though I have to point out that I just tried it on YAPE 0.73):

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m299/c116/screenshots/zenith_of_puberty.gif

Certain reverse characters are not turned into logo graphics. I had a DIRECTORY on screen when I started the demo. I tried it again... same result.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-07
16:47:12

Try filling the screen with #$88 before you start the demo and then you'll probably see what I mean.

Though, it's no big thing and as said before... Awesome demo happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-07
17:12:00

ah, i see! you're right wink

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-07
18:03:01

Well, not too many ppl will see this tiny "bug". Though, on real machines it's quite common to have some parts of the dir on screen wink These are just the things that happen when you have to rush things, that's an excuse. And I prefer rushed releases over no releases anyway happy

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-07
20:01:08

thats basically how i made it: i put all my "ammo" together. the demo is linked in a terrible way: each part contains the following parts *packed* - like a matroska puppet. but since there are some many bugs in that demo, i will/should consider releasing a "service pack" for it wink

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-05-08
10:51:38

Under these circumstances (rushed party release) it's ok I think happy Though, generally I think sometimes you just have to move on and leave things how they are. Touchy topic, I know how I am... always thinking I could improve this and that and never release anything.

Well, if you do a 101% version, have it ready by June wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024