Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-10-24
11:33:09
 World Games by Epyx

This one was rumoured to be released on plus/4. Any known details?

I remember seeing an ad for the C64 which states "Available for ... plus/4 soon". I think it was in RUN magazine.
Sorry, if this has been discussed before. I searched for "World Games" and only found a posting about the DTV64.

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-10-24
13:20:00
 Re: World Games by Epyx

Chicken, but...are you really really REALLY sure?

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-10-24
13:41:15

About the ad: Yes, absolutely happy Wait for Christmas when I'll have time to check my old mags. I'm sure I'll find the ad then.

About the game existing on plus/4: Nope, not at all

I'm not even sure if it was ever worked on. I don't remember any games from Epyx except Championship Wrestling. Maybe those rumours were created by that ad.

Posted By

C16 Chris
on 2006-10-24
16:25:17

I own World Games but not from Epyx its from IE and contains Hack's from Summer Events and Winter Events and other Sport Games.
http://www.c16chris.danbike.de/IE/2%20IE%20-%20C16%20Top%20Parade.htm
http://www.c16chris.danbike.de/IE/2%20IE%20-%20C16%20Best.htm

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-10-25
07:57:23

That's why I wrote "World Games by Epyx" wink The ad is definitely about the Epyx game on C64. I'll scan it whenever I get the chance to do so. Maybe we should open up a section on "Games that weren't 64" (which is a very interesting site... Got there from Mike Dailly's blog).

http://www.gtw64.co.uk/

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-09-12
14:43:37

I remembered that I brought this up before wink

It's "RUN" (German, issue January/1987)

p. 61, full page ad by "RUSH WARE" (huge software distributor back then) for EPYX's "World Games".

Theres's a smaller copy saying "Soon available for [...] Commodore C16 [...]"

Of course, this might be just a mistake by RUSH WARE and doesn't prove anything but it's enough to include it in the list, I think.

Yes, Luca, I'll take that mag with me, so someday you'll get your scan for the GTW section happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-09-13
09:58:40

Yummy!

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-09-16
10:17:45

World Games

Posted By

retroscener
on 2009-09-17
13:26:33

I'm wondering if that was a typo in the advert about C16, and I couldn't see C64 in there.

I remember Christmas 85 flicking through a home shopping catalogue and found a C16 games section advertising Ocean games with photos of the covers with the Commodore 16 heading:

Kong Strikes Back
Hunchback II
Daley Thompson's Decathlon
Roland's Rat Race

If I recall, it said (or words to this affect) available soon and gave an option to pre-order them. Of course they also turned out to be games that weren't C16.

Never knew about World Games though, I'm still thinking that was maybe a typo, but then I don't understand the german language lol.

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-09-17
13:47:48

Kong Strikes Back
Hunchback II

Daley Thompson's Decathlon turned to Daley Thompson's Star Events, eventually.
Roland's Rat Race: any hint wanted.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-09-17
19:12:28

Sixteen Plus...

(Edited)

The full ad is for the Commodore (= C 64) version wink That's why you don't see "C 64" listed in the small copy which lists the various other platforms.
Actually, that copy translates to "Coming soon for... Commodore 16... as well". At that time the C 64 version was already available.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2009-09-21
10:33:48

I doubt any copies exist for this elusive home shopping catalogue now. I can't even remember the company. All I have are my strong memories, but that's not proof that Roland Rat nearly made it's way to the C16/+4. Even the guys at the Ocean forum can't remember of any plans for all these games, especially Roland with everyone here

Still, as you say at least we were soon to have Star Events happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2009-10-07
15:00:38

I have been chatting with Brazil the other day. As you may or may not know he used to be quite an insider at Novotrade and was among the first people in Hungary having a C16.

Anyway, he said that World Games was indeed in the pipeline and Epyx wanted Novotrade to write it as a contractor along with Championship Wrestling. He even participated in the first discussions that broke up prematurely and World Games never materialized. Epyx then went ahead and wrote Wrestling all by "themselves", still via contractors but skipping Novotrade altogether.

As some of you may know, this would not have been new to Novotrade who have created many titles as contractors, mainly for the Commodore 64.

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/novotrade-international/

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-10-08
05:57:28

Thanks for sharing happy

Since Championship Wrestling being the only Epyx release on plus/4 and done by Hungarian coders I was suspecting some kind of connection.

I guess it's a closed case now and in fact a GTW.

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-10-08
07:48:32

Added, thanks ! wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024