Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gamedust
on 2006-08-01
06:07:48
 My Favourite C16/Plus4 games

1. Bongo Construction Set (King Soft)
In this 12K program, having very good AI for baddies, background music most imporatant a contruction set.

2. Fire Ants (forgot the company)
Fun, and still fun today.

3. Space Pilot (kingSoft),
Good graphic mode game

4. Kik Start (Masteronic)
Really Classic. it is a pity I didn't finish it during childhood, I played to level 13 or 14 of total 16

5. Autozone(Players)
Very additive but hard, I can not imagine I beat this game.

6. Ghost Town (King Soft)
Best action adventure game on C16

7. Panik 16 (Atlantis Software)
I still remember that it is so fun to creat chain attack, or let monter to fall from the highest level to buttom.

8. World Serials Base Ball (Imagine)
I have 20+ years of gaming experience, but only played two baseball game, the first one is this one on Plus/4 and the second one is a 24K version baseball on NES .

9. Tutti Frutti, Spectipede, Squirm, Formular One (Mastertronic)
Great action games from masteronic

10. Zolyx (Fire Bird)
Very small game (4-5K), but very additive.

Special
Tom (King Soft)
Cannot imagine a 12K program can have so many graphic, but the game is too hard.
Grandmaster (King Soft)
Can not imagine that computer can play chess with people. I am the few person who know interenational chess during my childhood just because of this game.

King Soft and Mastertronic is the best company that time. Later Afer I read a long article about Mastertronic , I know the company creat budget games. But this company's game is excellent and many of its games are better than full price game.

gamedust - maybe the only C116/Plus4 Fan in Mainland China

Posted By

MIK
on 2006-08-01
18:23:40
 Re: My Favourite C16/Plus4 games

Its nice to know there is a Udo Gertz fan in China!!! happy

Tom Thumb is not hard, just tricky and a fantastic challenge! wink

Maybe this will help:

The RUNSTOP key pressed in will always allow Tom to run and this is the best way to play.
As you know, pushing Up/Left or Up/Right willl always allow Tom to Jump, but did you know you can push Down/Left or Down/Right and Tom will do a low jump??

I would imagine the Low Jump cought alot of people out on the second spider found in the game as there was no mention about it in the instructions. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-08-01
22:44:35

Hey there gamedust,

Thanks for sharing your favourites with us. Those are cool games indeed! It's still nice to find the time to sit down and play a couple of rounds in whichever game you like. Have you played Oblido? It's a Mastertronic title, and it's one of my favourites. It takes a while to finish, but the gameplay is addictive.

There are also TONS of "scene" programs which you probably don't know, check the Top List or just search around.

BTW, did you use the chinese translation? You can enable it on the homepage, left/middle.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2006-08-02
06:59:22

This one is quite good, I think it's not appreciated enough.

http://plus4world.com/sd.php?pid=10343

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-08-02
09:19:47

You are right on that one, Lavina. I think that game gets dismissed quickly because of the quirky (poor?) graphics. I know I didn't look into it for a long time, mistaking it for low-quality production. But I saw a map for it in CoV, and I played with it - there's definitely more to it than what you can see on the first screen happy

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2006-08-02
14:31:22

Of course your opinions are correct, but THE ONE OF THE BEST GAME EVER ON C16:

THE TOMB OF TARRABASH !!
of course!

http://plus4world.com/sd.php?pid=10398

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-08-02
14:44:44

Unfortunately, my prefer +4 game speaks Hungarian only...
http://plus4world.com/sd.php?pid=10344

Posted By

gamedust
on 2006-08-24
04:45:01

Hi everyone,
I have tried Oblido, Cops N' Robbers, the Tobm of TARRABASH. They are quite good, but it is a pity I have not many time to play long now. I will find time to play later. If only I can send all these kinds of game to the childhood of me, it would be so wonderful!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-08-24
22:31:01

Hmm, sending disks to your childhood? Time machine, eh? Timeslip comes to mind happy It's actually a lot of fun, and although very hard, can be completed!

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2006-08-26
06:26:37

Hi,

Timeslip is great, but very hard for a little 14 years old boy, like me in 1989.
But I think everybody loves this:
http://plus4world.com/sd.php?pid=10716
I'm very angry for the 6.0 user rating !

Posted By

Litwr
on 2006-08-28
04:03:21

I think that all games became easy today with emulators snapshot and speed regulation features. wink

Posted By

retroscener
on 2006-09-03
22:46:25

i don't think Tom Thumb is too hard, but as Lando says it's tricky. must be my favourite all time C16 game. that and a few others.

if i remember rightly you can pull down (either that or up) on the joystick on the title screen to start off at the last door you entered in the previous game. maybe it resets the score but at least it makes it beatable.

btw, does anyone else have problems getting up a certain ladder once completed where it starts all over more tricky?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-09-04
09:52:59

That particular ladder is the final game over. Check the Tom Thumb page, scroll down and look for the Game Over section. It's documented there.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024