Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2006-02-22
04:20:52
 Multi Botticelli or just Botticelli

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to convert pc images (gif,bmp,jpg etc) into a Botticelli format so I can use them on the Plus 4? Checked previous posts on the forum but couldnt come up with anything.

Regards,

Chris

Posted By

Sidius
on 2006-02-22
06:27:58
 Re: Multi Botticelli or just Botticelli

Ok, you can use this following programs to convert pc images into the Plus/4 format(s):

- DFliConv

and/or

- P4PC FLI Converter

...and this for the Botticelli format:

- Botticelli Bilder Transformator

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-02-22
06:47:09

Another way to convert a pc image is to use a pc-based converter to C64 formats, which forces the result to 4 colours only.
For example: XRay64 is a cool little .exe that allows to convert in various C64 formats the onscreen 320x200 area you select. Use it to produce multicolor images, and you'll obtain 4 colours only KoalaPaint stuff, after you'd chosen gamma, brightness, contrast and saturation. Save the file, then convert it to +4.
The HiRes conversion with it is also cool, because it converts in a +4 direct compatible way (no "chequered" color assignment!).

I also like alot ImageWire coded by our cool pal TMR, because it allows to have a nice dithering if you balanced good your initial image.

To port on +4 the resulting files from a standar KoalaPainter format, you can pick a c64-to-+4 converter. I prefer Cartridge Graphics Converter V1.6 by TCFS.

Posted By

Chris
on 2006-02-22
07:22:55

Cheers guys happy

I decided on ImageWire as this looked like it could do exactly what I needed. Once converted I got hold of Cartridge Graphics Converter, but having problems with it. I get the menu that asks you to select file name, which I do. Then it asks me what format, I choose 1, being Koala. The screen goes blanks, then ends up reverting back to the beginning asking for the file name to be loaded.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-02-22
08:55:21

Yeah, Chris, you used badly your YAPE. Did you swapped your drive when needed? Does the drive light blink once you tried?

Posted By

Chris
on 2006-02-22
09:14:18

Cheers Luca,

I am using Yape, although I can have a go on the real machine tonight when I get home from work. I made a d64 image with Botticelli, Cartridge Graphics Converter and the image on the disk. Thought that I could do it all on one disk, not possible?

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-02-22
11:04:07

Chris, save your .prg from Imagewire, then load the converter on YAPE, run it and set IEC 1551 drive setting the folder where the saved .prg had been placed. You can check the folder using "$" as filename to load.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024