Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-02-17
08:55:15
 Yape new features suggestions

Hello Gaia!
could I start a topic in order to gather all wishes and suggestions of all us Yape' users?
I start with mine:

1) Save option in .ini the dirves configurations (attached drives and types)
2) Save option in .ini of attached D64 file(s)
3) Save option in .ini of IEC directories

Thank you for your attention Attila, and you all ppl add here something happy

Posted By

DCD
on 2006-02-17
09:36:35
 Re: Yape new features suggestions

let me continue with another one:

handling a command line parameter, which tells yape where to start the prg. (yape demo.prg $5e00)

Posted By

Degauss
on 2006-02-17
11:47:25

let me extend dcd's suggestion:

i would love to have cmdline-parameters like this:

yape.exe test.prg -drive8:bla.d64 (that is, running a prg AND attach a disk)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-02-17
12:35:07

I asked Gaia to add that (start address as a parameter) a long time ago. Instead of doing that, he put in a workaround, which (for me at least) is perfect. YAPE picks up "g####" (or even SYS from the filename). So when I develop, and I have an app that needs a sys or g address, I just call the file something like "mycode_g5e00.asm". Then from Plus4IDE it compiles and runs on 1 keypress happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-02-18
03:01:11

>>YAPE picks up "g####" (or even SYS from the filename)

This is great! Why was it kept hidden to all us, except Csabo?
Is there any other secret? (pleaaaase...) happy)

Posted By

indi
on 2006-02-18
06:52:24

Why not just add a "-r command" feature? I thought YAPE already did this?

Minus4's had a -r for yonks, and I was sure YAPE had it too.....?

i.e. "yape game.prg -r sys15221"

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2006-02-18
07:55:10

For doing type-ins, the following feature would be nice:

An option to use the keypad to type numbers (useful for DATA statements) happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2006-02-20
19:15:34

Ok, thanks for the input, guys. It is appreciated. In loose order:

- command line is essential, no excuse, I have been too lazy to do it. It is not "exciting" you know wink
- saving the disk and tape paths is another essential one
- I haven't forgotten about James' request for the symbolic keymapping. I have a completely working method, although you may be unable to access all characters (when the PC Shift key has to be pressed to access the main symbol on the +4, you can not access the shifted symbols). I might have a wrkaround for this though, by mapping only one of the Shift keys, we'll see.
- the rest of the tips is also handy, cheers for them

Problem is, the source is becoming a mess... and I am always about to clean it up first before adding something new. It never works out, of course happy

Posted By

Rachy
on 2006-02-21
03:31:29

Gaia: please clean up the sources, when it is done then I will port it to Amiga. happy

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2006-02-21
09:14:17

two points

- support both main fire buttons (maybe all four fire buttons including autofire) when using a Speedlink Competition Pro USB Joystick

- ppc version of yape

Posted By

Sidius
on 2006-02-21
09:59:12

...and for the future:

- JiffyDos emulation wink

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2006-02-21
12:02:29

>- support both main fire buttons (maybe all four fire buttons including autofire) when using a Speedlink Competition Pro USB Joystick
>

Or more simply put, treat all buttons on a PC joystick as the fire button instead of just button 1 happy

>...and for the future:
>
>- JiffyDos emulation
>

Perhaps quite a while into the future, I'd imagine...wink

Posted By

Gaia
on 2006-02-21
12:50:15

JiffyDOS would not at all be a problem technically, more legally. It is pure software (drive and machine ROM) and as such at the moment copyrighted material. Well, thru external ROM images it'd be possible. Another not-so-interesting thing to add support for ;-)

Erm.... what is PPC? You mean the Mac? That's become Intel hasnt it? :-)

Posted By

siz
on 2006-02-21
15:11:57

Maybe a bugfix for disabling F8 for a .d64 image? wink

After loading a whole diskimage with F8 (instead of Alt-D) It corrupts the character table data and non-rom charactersets cannot be used until YAPE exit-restart.

Yes, I know, I'm stupid to load disk-image with F8. happy

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2006-02-21
15:50:05

That's hardly a bug, that's just plain abuse wink

Anyway, pressing Shift+F11 should get Yape working again happy

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2006-02-22
02:27:40

PPC = Pocket PC - I am thinking of a yape version for Pocket PC's or mobile devices like a cell phones. On a Microsoft Road Show last year they demonstrated "Pocket C64" running on a cell phone.

Posted By

Sidius
on 2006-02-22
03:37:41

VICE will publish probably soon also a WinCE version for Pocket-PC's....such a thing should be possibly!
But this must decide Gaia... wink

@Gaia:
Ok, JiffyDos has a copyright...but, nevertheless, you earn no money with the YAPE !
And you would also earn no money with it, if he supports JiffyDos, right?
I would simply ask once Maurice, what would be with a release for an emulator...?!

Posted By

siz
on 2006-02-22
05:30:41

I've just tried it: nor Shift-F11 neither Ctrl-F11 doesn't solve the problem. The plus/4 resets fine but when you try to use a user character set, it's image will be corrupt (garbage charset). After exiting and restarting YaPE everything is fine.

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-02-22
09:38:34

and not to forget:

a) Full 1581 support
b) image-file managing (create - extract) .d64 .d81
c) ROM drive select (to connect special Roms to drive, like 841sectors for 1551)

Attila do you plan to bore? >:]

Good working

Posted By

Gaia
on 2006-02-22
18:16:49

Sidius: even though I make no profit with Yape it is no reason to distribute something freely that is still commercially available. If everyone can get it with Yape, it is easy to make a ROM dump of it and burn it into an EPROM or such. So the only solution will be the external ROM support.

SVS: full 1581 support is already in, I only have to put it into a C++ class to be available in more than 1 instance (ie. drive #8) as the WD1772 emulation is based on my System-80 emulator's drive code. Or do we really need all the four possible 1581 drives? happy

Plus4Vampyre: if all goes well you won't have to wait long for a PPC version of Yape.

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-02-23
02:55:46

@Attila:
>> Or do we really need all the four possible 1581 drives?
Of course! happy)

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2006-03-02
08:33:21

Magyarul lesz...
Én annak örülnék, ha a Yape Monitorban (alt+M) nemcsak breakpointok lennének, hanem figyelhetnék egy memóriacímet ($1234), memóriaterületet ($1234-$5678), hogy mikor történik róla olvasás vagy írás. Megkönnyítené a debug-olást happy

(no topic)

In Hungarian...
It'd be great to have not only breakpoints in the Yape monitor, but also watchpoints for both read and write access. Would make life easier when debugging...

Posted By

indi
on 2006-03-02
13:10:52

Yeah.... I added them to Minus4 for Xeo3 happy

does help now and then.... my only problem is it stops on the NEXT instruction... but thats usually enough. I guess with Yape having single cycle "ticks" it could do better.

I also added symbol tables...which makes life soooooooooooooooooo much easier happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024