Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

David
on 2006-01-30
09:27:07
 Icicle Works

Hi everyone, I kind of stumbled across this website out of curiousity and im impressed. I used to have a Plus 4 when it first came out in the mid 80's, it was a xmas present for me and my brother. I havent seen one for years now, but had a look in ebay and was nice to remember these things when i was a kid. Me and my brother loved Icicle Works, we would be on it all day and never get bored of it so i was delighted when i saw it could be played online! Well, it was a bit weird at first but it all came back to me and completed it within a few days! One thing i miss is the music, its a shame there isnt any on the online game but still its great to play. What are the downloads below thelink to play the game? And are there any other games that can be played online? Fire Ant and Treasure Island are games id love to try out again!

David

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-01-30
09:47:19
 Re: Icicle Works

Welcome in +4World, David happy

It's my opinion that your best choice would be this:
- download YAPE emulator, click here
- SEARCH games and other stuff you wanna play.

Posted By

David
on 2006-01-30
09:55:33

Hi Luca, ive downloaded the YAPE emulater. What does this actually do. Ive went into search games, but i dont know if i have to download the games to play them?

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-01-30
10:13:27

Ofcourse yes, download what you wanna play.

Posted By

David
on 2006-01-30
10:23:51

There are different things that can be downloaded though, such as Emucamp and Zimmers. Can you give me step to step giude through going into Search and playing, say, Treasure Island. Im not clued up completely here!

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-01-30
10:30:08

Uhmmm...
Well, try to download something (.TAP for tapes when unzipped, .D64 for disks when unzipped, .PRG for program files), and move the resulting file into the YAPE window.
That would be a good point to begin.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2006-01-30
10:49:58

David: just look for the 'PRG' icon it does not matter if it's from Zimmer's or somewhere else, these are merely mirrors to the same file. As soon as you have them downloaded just drag'n'drop to the Yape window as Luca suggested or select Autostart image from the 'File' menupoint if you wanna go the hard way wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-01-30
12:11:41

Shouldn't we have stuff like this answered in the Encyclopedia? A nice introduction to emus, downloading files with screenshots etc?

Yes, we should. Someone ought to do it then...

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-01-30
12:30:38

Ah yes, you're right, the Encyclopedia!

Posted By

David
on 2006-01-31
06:05:43

Hey I managed to suss it out. Its been about 20 yrs since i played these games, its just trying to remember what to do! Cheers for your help

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024