Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Boray
on 2005-12-06
06:28:47
 Swedish Plus/4

I thought it only was the keyboard/charterset and the needed changes to the kernal that was changed on the swedish version... But yesterday I tried the integrated software a little. The command key (Commodore+C) didn't work so after a look in the swedish manual, I found out that the command key is Commodore+B for some reason. And the messages, like SAVE FILE, REPLACE, PRESS ANY KEY etc are in swedish!!! So it seems the whole integrated software is localized (except for the intro message)...

/Anders

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2005-12-06
07:52:20
 Re: Swedish Plus/4

Interesting - there is also a German version of the integrated software available. I have two Plus/4 with the integrated german software. One of them had a original commodore manual for the software (written in german), so this modification was made by commodore. I can not remember if a customer could choice between a english or german verision - but I think it was by accident if you got a english or german plus/4.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-12-06
08:41:39

Does anyone have any ROM dumps of the localized built-in software? I have never seen any....

Posted By

Boray
on 2005-12-07
15:05:00

I could dump the roms if someone tells me how to do it. I would like to save out the characterset, the kernal and the integrated software.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2005-12-19
18:44:35

Sorry for not replying earlier, I wanted to make a small program that does this all for you but never found the time... so for now only the KERNAL character set:

1) go to MONITOR
2) type T D000 D800 4000
3) type S "CHARSET SE" 8 4000 8000
... assuming you have a disk drive wink And send the resulting PRG to us happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024