Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

C16 Chris
on 2005-11-23
12:45:31
 New Covers are coming

Hi there in 264er World

I have become new stuff from Italy see it on my site http://groups.miyoo.de/group-album/photos/SetID_745 .
I think that csabo will loadup the coverscans that i have sent to him in the next days.

Posted By

C16 Chris
on 2005-11-24
17:36:27
 Re: New Covers are coming

Today i have become 6 Tapes from Italy 2 Go Games and 4 Byte Gemes.
ok you say have you seen one of them you have seen all.
But i become them with Manual's !
See this on http://groups.miyoo.de/group-album/photos/SetID_3582

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-11-25
09:09:01

Cool stuff. Upload it in the next days? I have over 200 files from you waiting to be processed (not counting the 5 new covers from your first post and the 6 X 15MB each emails you sent just now which I didn't have a time to look at yet). Also ~80 files from Crown and one pack from Ulysses waiting, plus a big bunch of Italian book covers from Luca. On a good day when I can invest a few hours in the site, I can process 2-3 new covers or one "big pack" (ie. scanned manuals). I appreciate all the new stuff (and I'm sure everyone else does too once it's on the site), but it's unlikely that I can get to it this year.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-11-26
02:08:14

Two to three a day? What software are you using to tweak the photos?

Seriously, I'd be tickled if my employer allowed me to update my site on the job....so I know I shouldn't complain.

IIRC you have a newborn in your household, I don't expect the site to take time away from your young offspring..... have you designated others to assist you in the photo tweaking and uploading process?

Posted By

SVS
on 2005-11-29
02:34:23

I'm in doubt: now finally I have a scanner, then I could make scans of my Books and Other. But is it a right thing to send further ton of images to Csabo, well knowing that he is very busy? ...and knowing how much time needs this (annoying/repetitive) work?
A good solution could be if you (Csabo) was able to write a routine allowing to any enabled user to upload the images himself.
Anyway I wait for your proposals, the best for you is the best for me happy

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-11-29
02:43:09

I agree with SVS, if there was a way for registered users to upload covers etc, this might take some of the pressure off Csaba. Yesterday I ordered a high speed scanner with a document feeder, so will be able to start scanning my books in too. I've always understood that it takes some time for Csaba to upload documentation to this site. Thats one reason why I've uploaded them to mine and always agreed that any document placed on commodore16.com can be uploaded upto plus4.emucamp or even linked as some of the pdf's are quite large happy

All one big happy family happy

Posted By

michael
on 2005-11-29
04:37:56

hello, uploading covers should only be allowed registered users/members. But, why is it neccessary that this site must have all features, it has a lot yet. You chris could show all covers on your site and this site could have a link to yours. This would help you all.
Nevertheless you all do a great job !!!
Michael

Posted By

Gaia
on 2005-11-29
06:31:23

You can always upload them to ftp://c64.rulez.org or zimmers.net in a raw form and then it will eventually get edited & uploaded here as time permits.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-11-29
10:03:50

It's not really the upload that takes time, but the processing. I have very high standards on what's acceptable quality. All covers are processed in Photoshop to make them as good as possible. This includes: rotating (usually around ~0.5 degrees, but they have to stand upright), cropping edges, removing scratches, earmarks, etc. Once that's done, I save the file as small (file size) as possible without compromising quality. If anyone has good Photoshop skills and lots of time, by all means volunteer happy Sure, it takes time, and we could just throw everything up, but this way when it's done, it's DONE. (Example: [ before 350K ] [ after 90K ])

However, cover collection is just one small part of what needs to be done. There's lots of other stuff that needs work. We should break this down and prepare a page like OpenOffice: http://contributing.openoffice.org/index.html. There's the database (which you can edit and edit and still not make a dent wink), Publications (just listing all books and mags and linking to content), Encyclopedia, etc. This kind of stuff can be edited right here on the site, if you have access. If you're willing to do it, just ask for access, I've yet to refuse it to anyone.

Posted By

SVS
on 2005-11-29
10:50:05
 @Csabo Re: New Covers are coming

Csabo, I agree with you on 99%. But pls. listen to me: if you want the highest stardard, you have to put in an infinite energy, while I bet that you too have little spare time (like all us).
Like writing a prg, there is always something else to add, in order to make it better, yes, but in this way you'll never finish it.
Me too I like a high quality standard for my works (ok, ok, not applied to my English...) but you should to set a reasonable target, IMO. But of course it's on you happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-11-29
10:55:25

Don't talk to me about programs taking forever happy Our group's first(!) megademo is still in the making since 1992. But 2006 is looking promising...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024