Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-10-03
11:44:22
 Demo competition with prizes: probing the audience

Ok, it's time to launch a scandalous proposal.

What about a demo competition with a Plus/4 as winner's reward?
How many ppl would be interested?
What about a double take, with a 2 categories (megademo and filedemo) compo?

What about a logo competition 4th edition with a cute gift for the winner?
How many ppl would be interested?
What about a "no logo size limitation" rule that allows you to select from both piclogo and charlogo sized and shaped as you wish?

I need your suggests and feedback, thank you in advance.

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-10-03
14:17:26
 Re: Demo competition with prizes: probing the audience

Sounds a great idea Luca happy

I'm only begining to learn to code so won't be ready to contribute as a coder, but I'm willing to sponsor the competition and provide the prize. Might be able to throw in alot more than a Plus 4 wink

Regards,

Chris

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-10-03
14:33:54

Sure, some compos would be cool as long as they are well organized, and the goal is reachable.

I personally think megademos are out of the question. After 13 years I'm still working on our groups first megademo, perhaps others are faster, but that's too big of a production for a compo. At least in the Plus/4 scene, look at our production rate if in doubt... (Unless we're planning to give at least a year for the deadline.) File demos (perhaps based around a theme or an effect?), or size limited demos would be a fun challenge.

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-10-03
15:08:33

Mh, well, I must admit that winning a Plus/4 with a onefile demo would be a great bussiness. happy
Well, I hope that the lighten weight of the request (onefile) will gather many more users!
Other feedbacks?

Posted By

MMS
on 2005-10-05
12:41:39

Hi, I will anyhow join the Logo competition (size, color, type: no problem)

Suggestions: to get such a result I will also like to show my friends: I would prefer such logo has no color limitation (such the 4 colors in the previous ones), and if size could be a little bigger.
Piclogo better fits to my experiences with tools, but if only charlogo is possible, then I will learn how to do it. Just take a little more time.

So you can count me as one player...

Nowadays I prefer more the emu on PC than the real Plussy (shame on me, but more flexible, SID emu(like a dream, hehe), PC screen capture, etc). So if I may win, I can provide the set to someone really wants to kill for a piece :->>

Proposed finishing date?

Bye: MMS

Posted By

MMS
on 2005-10-05
12:43:48

OK, just to make it clear after the previous mail: free competition without prize is also OK for me!

Posted By

TMR
on 2005-10-05
20:54:18

As an aside, we're considering running a games competition over at OSG with prizes... would anyone be interested in that?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024