Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris James
on 2001-05-01
 my little p120 pc

Hi!

I have a p120 - a nice pc but a bit slow ;-(

I love the Commodore C16 / 4 and at some point i have had both machines
I was wonering if anyone could recommend an emulator that can emulate these machines on a p120 or is it just not going to happen? All the windows emus i've tried are a bit slow!

Thanx for any help!
Chris

Posted By

CurlyJ
on 2001-05-04
 Thanx!

I will give them a go and let you know how i get on!
Thanx again!

Posted By

James
on 2001-05-03
 Agreement on Plus4.exe

I downloaded and tried the emulator you suggested. With a little messing with it I was able to run a few games. I was unable to load a program from within a D64, however. This program does not support T64 at all and the author has no intentions of updating the software.

For the last two reasons, I would still suggest Minus/4, mainly because Mike is still supporting his software and does have intentions of adding T64 at some future date.

However, the original poster of this question is free to try both and decide for themselves.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2001-05-02
 There's one other!

It was the first ever plus/4 emulator for the PC, and it's simply called 'plus4.exe'. It was written in 100% pure assembly, so it runs well even on a P100 !! It's a bit showing its age now here and there but still a decent emulator...

Here's a link to it:
http://plus4.emuviews.com/download/plus4.zip

Posted By

James
on 2001-05-02
 plus/4 Emulator

I find that Minus/4 for DOS works great on a Pentium (One) system if booted to DOS. Depending on what version of Windows you're running, you may or may not easily be able to do this.

Minus/4 for Windows, or the DOS version when running under a DOS box within Windows, tend to give me double characters ("DDIIRREECCTTOORRYY"). I suspect this is because the timing loop for reading the keyboard is optimized for Europe (50 cycles/second AC) as opposed to North America (60 cycles/sec.).

Other emulators I've tried tend to run slow on my AMD K6-2/300 MHz/PC100 bus. Ironically, my K6-266/PC66 bus runs Minus/4 for DOS a bit faster than my 300 does.

Minus/4 comes complete with all ROM images it needs in the download ZIPfile. It supports the D64 format (T64 doesn't work yet) and includes the built-in 3-Plus-1 software as well.

James

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024