Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-08-16
14:43:39
 4 Bit Digitizer

Hiya all,

Whilst looking through one of the boxes I came across this piece of hardware made by Christian Schaffner. I think its some soft of sound card for the Plus 4 as there is a 3.5 male audio connector coming out of it. Does anyone know what/how it works?

See images below: (if the images dont display, there over on commodore16.com in the forum)

[img]http://www.commodore16.com/images/digi.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.commodore16.com/images/digi1.JPG[/img]

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-08-16
15:01:41
 Re: 4 Bit Digitizer

I've found something from www.solder-synergy.net, looking fwd to finding how it works.

5) 4-bit-digitizer/sampler
For connection with the userport from the plus/4. Compatible to the software from SAM-digitizer in the "Compute mit". The digitizer can simply adjust. Connectors: 3,5mm-Cinch-Stereo for Walkman®, recoder or HiFi-Device. Connection for a headphone for control the signal. This digitizer comes with a disk and "Digital-Composing-Kit" by APOS and instructions.

4-Bit-Digitizer: 20EUR

Posted By

BushRat
on 2005-08-19
02:58:38

If you haven't figured it, already, the digitizer, as I recall, piggybacks on Christian's SidCard. There is a connector strip, there. Still have a couple of SidCards and digitizers that Christian sent me, years ago. If i remember, we were using the 8xxx series Sid chips from ther 64C series. Same Sidchip in the GS64 I have.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2005-08-19
03:16:31

Just dug it out and checked. Christian, if I remember correctly, made a couple versions of the SidCard. One used the 6581 R3/R4 Sidchip. The last one he sent used the 8580 R4 ( a voltage thing). Unfortunately, Christian's spec sheets were in German. I had a copy that he'd translated to English, somewhere around. No big deal, just unplug the Sid Chip, Plug the Digitizer into the Eprom socket, then plug the Sid Chip into the Eprom socket in the Digitizer. He also included a short stereo jumper cable, with two male mini phone plugs, that transfers the audio between them.
Sorry to ramble
Me for bed

Posted By

Crown
on 2005-08-19
05:31:10

Any of those Sid-cards are up for sale? I'd be interested in one if yes.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2005-08-19
05:46:17

Maybe on the Sidcard, Crown, when I confirm my spare. I mounted my original in a modified Plus4 game cartridge case body to protect it. Would probably have to go through James C. I don't have easy access to offshore shipping.

James, I would send you my spare chips, to pass around, if you wish. I think I sent a list of them long ago... or did I just post it here? Can't remember...

Now for the egg on the face, just glanced at the pix that Chris has of the Digitizer he has.... it's a different version than the one I was talking about. His is direct to port. Mine piggybacks on the Sid Card, sorry. Will have to photo it for you all.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-19
08:48:48

Jim, glad to see that you're back in touch!

Yes I'll distribute whatever you want... drop me an email at james @ cbm264 . com and we'll get it sorted out.

Also I came across a prototype Waveform ColorTone Pro keyboard that comes with a Plus/4 Userport interface, but I don't see any datalines, just control lines on the interface board. Have you ever come across one of these, or know what software is used with it? A quick Google search found one other person who had one, in Michigan, back in the late 90's and I didn't get a response to my inquiry to them.

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-08-20
02:10:38

Hi Jim
The one that you are thinking off is the Digi-Blaster for the Sid- Card not the 4 bit Digitizer. Chris now has Both wink But i think the Digitizer is Broke. It was something the Elder give me. When i was in Germany all those Years ago.

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-08-20
02:11:33

JimesC
Please let me know when you get the 1551 Thanks wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024