Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-08-08
10:25:41
 Welcome to the Plus/4 Encyclopedia

Nice addition to the site, I like the whole idea of providing a upto date encyclopedia for the Plus 4. Look forward to seeing it evolve happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-08-08
10:32:09
 Re: Welcome to the Plus/4 Encyclopedia

Yeah, this page actually has been part of the site for ages, just never linked to from the menu. However, lately I've been getting questions that could easily be answered from a place like that, and there's definitely interest there, so here we go... I made it editable for pretty much anyone who has a login.

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-08-09
02:09:47

Don't Forget to mension The 1551 Disk Drive that will only work with the C16, C116 & PLUS/4 Computers. For those People that ask the Question will it work on the C64 The Answer is No !!! And it runs about 3 Times Faster than the 1541. You can also Download a 1551 Fast Loader Program. And that is Fast.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-25
23:01:55

Bump! happy

This is a valuable resource and needs to be kept near the top of the forum list. If Csabo had a "sticky" function, I would apply it to this thread.

Please, everyone, contribute something to this compilation. Open up your owners manual and enter a command that someone else hasn't entered yet. Verify the spelling and accuracy of the command someone else has listed. Clarify points that are not clear to the beginning user. Write a short article describing how a new user could do something on this machine (format a disk, print a listing of a program to the printer, attach and use a modem, etc).

If each of us spends 15 minutes a week on the Encyclopedia, we can have the whole thing completed in just a couple of months. Then newly discovered things (like bugs in the ROMS, or new graphic tricks), can easily be added and a reference posted in the forum.

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-08-28
11:28:01

I have been Looking at the Encyclopedia and i think that it is very Good, But i did notice a Lack of Photo's. If someone could Please add some photo's next to the Computers that you are Reading about, that would be Very Nice wink

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-28
21:39:22

The Encyclopedia does not currently have a place for one to add photos. Maybe Csabo will consider adding one, now that someone has suggested it!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-08-29
09:15:17

Actually pictures can be inserted, since every entry is an HTML entry. The encyclopedia has some overlap with the Hardware section (which has pictures), maybe the two should be linked, or even merged.

BTW, thanks for everyone's hard work (especially Ulysses777 as he's done the most happy), we're over 100 entries! Woo-hoo! Now let's try for 1,000 happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-08-29
18:39:04

I hope in much more Glossary/Demos entries with example images.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-08-29
20:29:50

Well, start doing it happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024