Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

rOuGh
on 2001-04-11
 some smallies:

- is there anything comparable to RUN/STOP RESTORE key combination from the C64 (somekinda breaks all programs which arent protected against it even machien code) on the C16???

- Where can I get the old damaged C16 ROM, I need one for collector's purpose. If you don't know what it is tell me!

- Lando, on the news page if you click on message board it opends a new window. This sucks!

- Where can I get a good photo of the whole C16 keyboard???

Btw, ever typed on a French keyboard, terrible! 'S' is where 'Q' is and everything'S mixed up from other standard's eyes.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2001-04-11
 For the first part of the question

The Reset vector is at and .

You must first bank out the ROMs entirely by writing any value to the register at address .

If you overwrite the RESET vector now, the machine will jump to your routine instead of the standard ROM's reset sequence.

Beware, because you need to handle the IRQs somehow as well, by either masking it with a SEI command or writing your own IRQ handler and setting its address to the IRQ vector at -F

Posted By

rOuGh
on 2001-04-11
 The old ROM...

a) Is there any way software-wise to hinder the C16 from this RUNSTOP-RESET softreset or does it happen in any case??? If there is, what is it?

b)The old C16 ROM has some minor errors with the
commands HEADER and SCRATCH and also DS and DS$.

You can verify your rom by following these steps...

- enter NEW
- PRINT FRE(0)
- note the value
- PRINT DS$
- again PRINT FRE(0)
- if the value is -42 than the above one then your ROM is good and fixed, if not it cause crashes on these commands.

Posted By

SVS
on 2001-04-11
 Some replies...

1) Combination keys RUN/STOP+RESET performs a 'soft reset' that is unlocking the running without loss of any data
Simply you are run onto Break status (I think this is better than C64' RUN/STOP+RESTORE).
Else if you own a new Solder's ROM (like OS93 or OS96) you have at disposal even COLD or WARM resets.

2) Ehhmm... what is the 'old damaged ROM' ?

Greetz

S\_/S

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024