Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-03-22
10:59:29
 Vapourware?

Years ago, when the GOTU homepage decided to work, , Lavina uploaded 3 images on his site (and I archived them in my supersecret +4previews.zip file, that contains all the previews I received and that can't be spreadt!).
They were:
- a Lemmings +4 screenshots (impressive as ever!)
- a walking-in-the-forest white sprite man, taken from a MX arcade adventure called "Future"
- an intro picture from MX's game "Deathsector"

Apart of the first (/me signs as a christian), what about those two latter?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-03-22
19:37:58
 Re: Vapourware?

It wasn't really _super_ secret, the piccies were posted in a public forum... To sum up your questions though: "Where is Lavina?" wink I see he comes around (rarely!), but it would be nice to get a little update on what he's doing nowadays.

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-03-22
21:56:07

Puah, poor mortal! happy

The supahsecret zip doesn't contain those jpgs only!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-03-22
22:24:05

What else then? More vaporware like this?

It's strange that there's so much secrecy in the scene, but "behind the curtains" a lot of not-to-be-released stuff gets around. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-03-23
08:49:41

LOL!
What was that TED poutpourri? happy

Nonono, mi .zip file contains .jpg but most of all .prg!

Posted By

TMR
on 2005-03-23
10:41:57

i tend to not tell people in advance about projects if i can avoid it; i don't like to be "chased" over ideas i was toying with or code that is having issues... =-)

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-03-23
13:28:23

T.M.R., usually I do like you described.
But the +4 scene needs to be goaded, and that's because I IMGSRC my previews all around!

Important, for all +4 dudes!.
In order to be clear'n'clean: the supahsekrett .zip file contains pieces of code, gifts on +4 I received, screenshots of previews, almost completed parts etcetera, that ppl sent me in a private form. A private form I'd never never NEVER given away in the past.
E.g., DCD sent me many Chaos picture, that obviously had benn deleted from there.
Plz don't wonder about tons of files, there are (Luca is checking...) mmmm...30...about 30 files all included. There are known forthcoming stuff and very secret projects inside.

I am the first who wanna scream about them, but can't. That's the reason I'd talked about a democompo with a VERY SOLID prize, as evidence of these words.
Nevertheless, cause of that .zip file (but not only!), I'd fille dyour ears with my "code code code code!" carol.

Certainly, nobody of us would like a telltale who spread unspreadable stuff wink

Posted By

Lavina
on 2005-04-04
05:20:14

hey guys...

I am still alive, thanx for asking. To tell you the truth, I've hardly coded 10 minutes since our last party...

My job is annoyingly getting time-consuming... and in my free time we play Battlefield 1942....

I was just reading the topic about the good old days, I am think that none of us has a good excuse why we do not code (more). We have enough time for what we really wanna do.
If I would obey my inner self, the nostalgic kid, I would sit in front of yape coding my new adventure game.... It is just easier to kill some enemy clan members in a BF game, or play Heroes III for relaxation after a hard working day.

Sometimes, especially when I'm listening to my favourite band Faith No More the memories come up and I feel like coding, but something always comes in the way that consumes my attention and time.... happy

I did not loose all my hope for a comeback, I hope we can finish our common anniversary demo at last, and then I'll have time for my own projects.

Cheers to ALL of U!

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-04-04
08:02:40

WB Lavina! happy
What do you say about Deathsector and Future? Your site in the past hosts these two snapshots...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024