Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-12-12
18:55:15
 Q-Bert Origins

Does anyone know what the origin of Q-Bert is? It was written by a person who published other games for magazines, so I think it's a type-in, possibly a German mag. So German sceners listen up, and check if you have some kind of listing with the games published in mags...

Also, whoever has the time should try to go through the commercial games. Some of them are marked as commercial by mistake, and because of that our cover statistics are off...

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-12-12
23:11:03
 Re: Q-Bert Origins

I can tell you that it is not unique. It's a clone of a game that was available for the 64 as well as Apple and possibly Atari. I can send you a scan of a magazine ad for the other versions, if you want to see it.

The version on the site, however, I have no information on.

Posted By

Sidius
on 2004-12-13
00:41:12

@ Csabo:
Thus I have a list, in which 733 type-in-titles (by over 40 german magazines) are listed...
272 of it are games - however Q-Bert is unfortunately none of it !

However has this Bernd Gichtbrock still coded another further game:
The Big Quest...which was published by the german magazine COMPUTE MIT SA 2/87 !

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-12-13
19:24:12

I thought it was sort well known that it's a clone, I mean the idea is a classic one, even CBM put out a similar game (I mean Pancho). And I was thinking of The Big Quest when I wrote "It was written by a person who published other games for magazines". So we're no further ahead unfortunately happy I think for now we can assume freeware (possibly type-in) status. Thanks for the comments guys. If someone does know the origins, feel free to speak right up (or should that be type up? ah, never mind).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024