Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-11-10
20:21:04
 Snooker & Pool

Snooker & Pool cover just got uploaded, courtesy of Rüdiger. We don't yet have the program file. Is this the same as Classic Snooker, just released by Gremlin? According to the instructions, the game keys are very similar, and so are the screenshots... Let's get to the bottom of this!

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-11-11
03:07:10
 Re: Snooker & Pool

Now here's is a real surprise!!! ???

Its not Classic Snooker , but does indeed look like a reworked On Cue and this game was Snooker & Pool on the same tape.... C16/Plus4 or rather 16k version.

This is rare........ The £2.99 price tag points it more towards being On Cue , but it could be just a sticker. On Cue was coded by a Sean Du Bray, this Gremilin title looks like his code. Just maybe this was his original work but having a Plus/4 version ment Mastertronic told him to cut it down for a C16/Plus4 compatible version? Maybe later he sold his work to Gremilin and becasue of copyright issues it didn't really show up in the UK?? I'm just guessing here....

Maybe I was ignornat to this release having On Cue and Classic Snooker already that I never picked it up. I dont recall seeing it thats for sure!!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-11-11
08:23:10

Interesting, huh? I though it looked more like Classic Snooker because that one has a C16/Plus4 version, while On Cue is C16 only. Also in Classic F1/F2 is for sound on/off (just like Snooker & Pool), plus it has an edit function, while On Cue has no edit and F1/F2 is used for something else... Maybe it's neither one! happy

Rüdiger, if you're reading this: do you have the original tape as well?

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-11-11
11:31:33

3rd time lucky, Steve Davis Snooker it is not. wink

We only have the screen grab to go by, what made me think it was a reworked On Cue was the menu bars at the top right. They look similar to On Cue which sit at the bottom on the left.
Grabs of On Cue: On Cue

Looking at the On Cue instructions I have here there isn't much to go by, but does state "If at any time you wish to stop the current game and start again press the RUN/STOP key." + "Use the function keys to set up a one or two player game etc......You are able to change the computer level of play by using the function key as indicated."

Don't forget that there is also 16k version of this Snooker & Pool on the same tape. Looking at the instructions for each game it sounds like both Classic & On Cue. happy

As you say maybe it is another... and maybe Sean Du Bray did them all. His name is printed on the back of the On Cue cover..

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2004-11-11
13:58:22

I've the original tape. But it will not work on one side.

On the side A is first snooker, then pool for C-16 (16 KB). On the side B each one for Plus/4, or with 32 KB memory. The Plus/4-versions works. But the C-16 versions the tape header will not work, but when I load it with a modified tape header, it works to. All the 4 programms were saved with the novaload.

I must look, on one of my disks are all 4 programms.

The C-16 versions are not modified versions of On Cue or Classic Snooker.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-11-11
17:42:57

So if I understand you correctly, this is a NEW game, that is it's really not one of our existing games released with a different name. But why did you specifically say that the C16 versions are not... etc? Does this mean that the Plus/4 versions are?

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2006-05-04
13:47:19

I've sent Luca a d64 with all prg, he will upload this next time!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024